Speedometer/Sprocket ratio

TravisG

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2005 fz6 with 520/14T for front sprocket and 520/42T for the rear (i know its not the stock ratio but when i ordered last year they didnt have stock ratio on motosport where i ordered), and i just installed a used oem speedo ( the round one) and mile mph is higher than what it actually is by about 7ish mph, is there a way to adjust the speedometer and how would i go about doing so? Thanks.

I have a 2005 fz6 with 520/14T for front sprocket and 520/42T for the rear (i know its not the stock ratio but when i ordered last year they didnt have stock ratio on motosport where i ordered), and i just installed a used oem speedo ( the round one) and mile mph is higher than what it actually is by about 7ish mph, is there a way to adjust the speedometer and how would i go about doing so? Thanks.
Welcome Travis.

I think there are 2 schools of thought that I see a lot....

First, there are those that either don't really care about a REALLY accurate speedometer. These are the folks that might have either a mount for their phone or have a GPS. When they want to know speed, they look there.
The other group DO care about speedo accuracy and they will install a SpeedoHealer ( https://www.healtech-electronics.com/products/sh/ ).

I am in the first group, but I have seen lots of folks who are satisfied with the SpeedoHealer.

I'll bet that you will be hearing from them shortly.....

Had the same problem with my bike. I replaced the front sprocket with a 15 tooth sprocket and the problem was solved. I do a lot of freeway riding and this also reduces the vibration at the bars. MPH is within 1MPH when compared to the GPS on my phone.

Back