'09 Michigan Road Trip

Do we want to ride with Around the Lakes group or put together or own ride.

• Ride with Around the Lakes group.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Put together a FZ6 group ride

Votes: 10 90.9%

• Total voters

dimitre977

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Towards the end of last year some of us talked about doing a couple day road trip around Michigan. D-Mac found out about the Around the Lakes group that usually has their tour during Memorial weekend, I'm not sure when they start planning for this years ride for us to know the exact dates of their ride. The question I have is do the majority of the people want to ride along with this group or do we want to plan or own trip? If we want to do our trip we should try to at least start working out how many days we want to go for and when would work for the majority of people.

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My wife and I plan on being out there for Labor Day weekend and the following week... We will be in Smiths Creek for that week. We're trailering the two bikes out.

dimitre977

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I live about 2 hours NW of there. If you have any planned rides that you wouldn't mind me tagging along on please let me know. Or if you are interested we could do a ride around the thumb, I have a route from another forum member that I had planned on taking at some point this year and sometime around Labor Day would be as good as any other time.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I live about 2 hours NW of there. If you have any planned rides that you wouldn't mind me tagging along on please let me know. Or if you are interested we could do a ride around the thumb, I have a route from another forum member that I had planned on taking at some point this year and sometime around Labor Day would be as good as any other time.

I'll have to check with the friends we are visiting to see what he has planned. He's on a Goldwing with his wife pillion. Not sure where he intends to take us but you're more than welcome to meet up and join in. The more the merrier!

dimitre977

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We have had two guys retire out of my department at work so my summer is pretty well shot. I still would like to go for a weekend ride but I'll leave up to the majority to pick the weekend.

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
has this ride happend yet?? or is there another planned, i would be down for a few hundred mile day trip..(would be on my tiger, but the wife would probly bring the fz)