2 fairing stays and a headlight unit

happyker

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have 2 fairing stays and a headlight unit (2009 Black FZ6). The stays are bent but not broken. I assume they are easy to bend back for someone who knows what they are doing. Though I'm just assuming since I am not someone who would know. I could take pictures if needed.

The headlamp is in decent but about the shape you would expect for an 11 year old bike EXCEPT the parts where you screw it into the stay are broken off and there is a small crack next to the top right one (from riders point of view looking at the back).

I live in Queen's near the Queensboro bridge and while I'm out of work (I work in Sunnyside) until the quarantine is over I do have a class that I ride to every Sunday (it's still going on right now) in Bensonhurst Brooklyn. I'm happy to meet up. Otherwise I'm terrible at getting things shipped out in a timely manner (translation it will probably take me like a weekish unless you truly need it fast) but I'll ship it with whatever service you want for whatever they charge me.

I'll be throwing the parts out if no one claims them in about a weeks time. I really hope that someone can use it/them though :)

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just an FYI, the stay, with it's odd shape is very stout when not bolted up.

It's just about impossible to bend it back into original state.

Very, very nice of the offer but, in real life a bent stay, even slightly, is scrap metal..
(I've junked several of them from 0 MPH tip overs).

happyker

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just an FYI, the stay, with it's odd shape is very stout when not bolted up.

It's just about impossible to bend it back into original state.

Very, very nice of the offer but, in real life a bent stay, even slightly, is scrap metal..
(I've junked several of them from 0 MPH tip overs).

I read your reply probably the day you wrote it but am logging on now to say Im going to throw all of it away as soon as I get the chance. That stinks that they are hard to impossible to fix. Seems like such a waste, I didnt want to throw out either the stays or the headlight unit. :(

Hope you are doing well btw Scott :)