2006 Yamaha FZ6 Street fighter mod

deathjam4

Reaction score
Visit site
Sooo i did a thing and this year i street fighter my fz6 cause it was to much of a hassle to repair the plastics the previous owner broke on it. Full led mods wider more higher handle bars and started to paint it. Looks preaty good.
133443179_3549427821779120_8176222682200037580_n.jpg

meadeam

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a similar headlight and Puig fly screen on my S2, but I mounted the headlight much higher on the stanchions. Have you wired your headlight for hi/low functionality? I have not done that yet, and will be attempting to tackle that over the winter. I have the very same dent in my tank from the previous owner. I've removed the rear plastics and tail section for painting, and will be draining and removing the tank for repair and paint this week.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Great time for a color change. I lowsided my silver 05 when I went over a diesel fuel spill on an on-ramp. My silver tank was dented like yours. Handle bars smacked the tank. I had an old red tank in the basement (with the same dent), so I gave it to a friend of mine with body work experience. I am healing up from shoulder surgery required by the fall, but the tank is finished in pearl white ready for reassembly in the spring.

Attachments

• Dented tank.jpg
    Dented tank.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Primed tank.jpg
    Primed tank.jpg
    505.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Painted tank.jpg
    Painted tank.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Painted visors.jpg
    Painted visors.jpg
    481.8 KB · Views: 25

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That dent repair is looking good. I hope mine turns out like that.

Most of the FZ6 tanks on eBay have the same dent.
Proof that those dents CAN be fixed. Full disclosure..... The guy who did it is extremely talented and he is a friend so I didn't pay for it. A new tank is over $800, so I am not sure what the actual savings would be if you compare repair with replacement.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It’s funny, in the pearl white, I see lines in the tank that I never knew were there. Will you be adding any accent lines or vinyl graphics?

Honestly never thought about it. I will be putting a tank protector and my techspec tank pads on. Any suggestions?

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Instead of the Yamaha snowflake symbol, how about just YAMAHA with maybe FZ6 below, right justified (in black).

Or maybe a fat and thin strips down the center of the tank, with the same theme at the tail section.