2008 Fz6 Fairing question

BrettBeast

Reaction score
Visit site
So I slid my bike 2 years ago and fixed the scratches on the fairings pretty good as they are only noticeable when you get up and personal. But I am now looking to get new front fairings for the bike but cant seem to find a good place to purchace them other then yamaha. Ive tried eba but cant seem to find 08s just ones that fit 09s+. Just looking for suggestions on places I can purchase fairings from.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to this great forum!

I did a short search, "aftermarket oem motorcycle fairings" and most were for the sport type bikes.

One thing to also consider is to check that the existing fairing has equal clearing on both sides of the tank. If not you may have a bent fairing stay which would need replacement.

BrettBeast

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to this great forum!

I did a short search, "aftermarket oem motorcycle fairings" and most were for the sport type bikes.

One thing to also consider is to check that the existing fairing has equal clearing on both sides of the tank. If not you may have a bent fairing stay which would need replacement.

Checked that last year when I dipped fairing. Everything aligned properly.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I got a new front faring from Partzilla. Link below.
Price was competitive, best I could find out there, actually. Well packaged, shipped quickly.

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/yamaha/motorcycle/2009/fz6-fzs6yl/cowling-1

EDIT: Mine was an S1...listed on site for $120. Yours, an S2....$425! Yikes.

YIKES!!!!!!

I too have an S1 and I just received my replacement fairing from Partzilla, cost me $119.00 That sucks that the S2 part is so muck more. Overall too, I recommend Partzilla for OEM parts, but I would go naked before I paid over $400 for a big piece of plastic.

BrettBeast

Reaction score
Visit site
YIKES!!!!!!

I too have an S1 and I just received my replacement fairing from Partzilla, cost me $119.00 That sucks that the S2 part is so muck more. Overall too, I recommend Partzilla for OEM parts, but I would go naked before I paid over $400 for a big piece of plastic.

Honestly that doesnt seem like a bad idea. Ill have to look at some naked fz6s to see if I like how they look.