2008 FZ6 to 2012 FZ8

SAFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking for some input. I currently have a 2008 FZ6, which I like. I have been thinking of going naked. Replacing light with FZ8 style and changing out bars with FZ1.
I just came across a 2012 FZ8 for sale for 6600 w/ low miles. Naturally being a newer bike, I'm leaning on the FZ8 side. Would love the input on ride of FZ8. Once again, key factor being naked.
Believe me if I was mechanically inclined I would take care of the change over myself.
Thanks for input.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think we have a whole lot of members here with FZ8. You may want to post the same question on FZ8 forum.. chances are there will be few folks who've owned FZ6 before.

Here is what I am guessing you'll find out:
FZ8 compared to FZ6: less buzzy, a lot more low end torque, a bit heavier, slightly better suspension, slightly lower fuel economy.

chucknorris

Reaction score
Visit site
I 2nd that i test rode a 2011 FZ8 last year before I bought my FZ6 and found great torque,alittle hevier but not sure on the gas milege difference.... I ended up buying the 6 because it is my second bike and I found it plenty fast and easy to ride for a quick ride around town (also because of the exhaust position) Depends on what you want it for and what riding you do....

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
^^^ What RB said. Don't waste you time and money.

The FZ8 guys all bolt on cast off FZ1 parts.

SAFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. The only riding I do is up in the texas hill country on the weekends. I have to drive a company truck for my job. I had once considered an R6, but considered being in that position for hrs on my rides, it didn't seem that comfortable. Mind you, I already have my handlebars lower than stock.