2009 fz6r no current from start button ????

Baker 98

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought this bike about a week ago it was running I drove it home ignition wires where cut i put new ignition on and wired everthing back. The kill switch/start button wires also cut i assume some one attempted to put toggle switches on this bike but failed..

Baker 98

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought this bike about a week ago it was running I drove it home ignition wires where cut i put new ignition on and wired everthing back. The kill switch/start button wires also cut i assume some one attempted to put toggle switches on this bike but failed..
So I have no power from the start button no neutral light but everything else works I tried putting the new Killswitch start switch on there it's not the switch I grounded the neutral safety switch it's not that kickstand up clutch pulled in still nothing could it be to cut off starter relay and if it is where is that located and what does it look like

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome.

Sounds like your wiring is at fault. Also, it’s possible that the wiring that you just “corrected” could have had some Hackery or work arounds. I would suggest to get a copy of the wiring diagram and check each connection at the switch and switch gear to make sure that everything is properly routed.

I’d also perform a continuity check of your ignition switch to rule out a faulty switch.

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site