2009 FZ6RC Dragons Tail Meet

W

wrightme43

update 2-22-09

We have 13 people prepaid as of now. We have 13 beds, a fold out couch, and two couches, plus cots if we need them. We have had one back out as of now. When over 14 people commit to going the next person #15 would buy the person who backed outs' spot. That is the only fair way to do it. We will put you in touch with him and you would pay him.

Anybody against it?

PLEASE PM ME IF IT WILL CAUSE YOU A PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!

OK I have to make a decision as to the date and here it is. I cant make everyone happy because if I do it wont happen at all, and then no one will be happy.

So here goes. JUNE 5th 6th 7th Thats Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

The Treetops is already booked for all of May already. The Ridge (where we stayed last year) is available right now probley wont be for long unless we reserve it.

We need 675$ to secure the place. Taxes and all. It will cost a additional 205 plus 9.75% tax for any extra days people want on either side like monday or thursday. If it goes over 1050 we get it for 7 days. So if people want to go thursday and monday that covers for the whole week. Up to you but decide quick or it will be gone.

As of now we need at least 7 people to commit and pay 100$ with paypal to

ANTMB!!! He is handling the money this year. PAYPAL HERE [email protected]

I am handling not getting speeding tickets, and not crashing, and not having trucks turn left in front of us then stopping and sticking Nates and my bike together in the road. LOL

It will cost a little extra for food too.

There are 7 beds, three recliners, a couch, two futons in the garage and Ron and Nancy will give us cots if we need them.

Basicly there is room for 13-15 people.

I am going. I dont know how I will come up with the money yet but I will. Who ever prepays gets dibs on the beds and thats only fair. If you want to bring a girlfriend it costs for two people, there are two bedrooms with two single beds that can put together with doors and privacy.

Any questions I will answer, if you wanna go post up in this thread and pay ANTMB.

Last year it was something like 125$ a person for all weekend including thursday too with food.

We ate good, and had a blast.
This year will be even better.

Mikebike will be ride leader for the more chill group, and Tourguide will lead for people that want to go fast.

As of now thats all I know.

Anthony will post up who has paid and make the reservation as soon as we are paid up.

Refunds will be handled like this.
If you decide not to go, I will help you find someone to buy your place from you. We will not be sending any money back to you. It is not a problem to find someone to go. Its easy.

TO answer a question I should of already.

You can do whatever you like. NO PROBLEMS if you wanna stay one night, if you wanna just eat with us, if you wanna just meet up and ride with us, if you wanna sleep in the yard in a tent, everyone is welcome and it will be fun. Only rule is enjoy yourself and let other people enjoy themselves. Its a freaking blast. We can work out anything moneywise if you want to do any part of it. The money is for the rental and food. You will not find a cheaper place to stay with even half of the stuff we get.

Internet, long distance, cable, full kitchen, huge hot tub, fire pit with wood, garage, game room, comfy beds, privacy, a distinct lack of idiots reving unmuffled V-twins instead of riding them, and peace and quiet. Its a great place and the owners are both cool as hell and we get a discount on T shirts, and it makes meeting up for the rides easy.

If you have never been, you will want to do it again every year you can.

OK we are working on filling up the Point now, if we get less than enough we will all share one house otherwise we will have two.
WE need 1350 for two houses for 3 days each. PLUS FOOD!!!
That will mean 5 more people.

Any questions just ask.

Steve

Confirmed and paid

Ant_mb (Anthony) $100 Tuesday mid day
Wrightme43 (Steve) $100 Wednesday evening
Shaggystyle (Mark) $96.80 Wednesday 3pm
JimKaram (Jim) $96.80 Thursday evening
Desi_FZ6 (Arvind) $96.80
mkjeld76 (Michael) $96.80 Friday noon
Gosling1 (Joseph) $96.80 Thursday 7pm
mpb218 (mike) $96.80
opds9091(Dominic) $96.80 Thursday evening
kellybt1052 (Brian) $96.80 Wednesday 12:00
bmccrary (Bryan) $96.80 Wednesday Lunch time
Anarchy (Gary) $96.80 Friday 1-2
Anarchy's Dad (Shane) $96.80 Friday 1-2
necrotimus (chris) $99.91 Wednesday 3-5pm
tour guide (scott & elisha) $200 to be paid at the event Late Thursday
g.lowtharp (Gordon) $100 to be paid at the event Thursday 2-3pm
Brian's two friends 193.10 Wednesday Lunch time

$1,558.81 collected
$300 to be paid at the event

Treetops and The Ridge Vacation Rental, Graham County NC 828-479-8400

Last edited by a moderator:
W

wrightme43

Oh and to stop the debate before it starts.
Its a Riders Club
Not a Motorcycle Club, there a few crazy insane batshiat fruitloop folk that take imagined and inmature offense to people calling themselves a MC that are not hardcore 1%er scumballs.

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Ant, what's your paypal account so I can send you some money?

Also, I'm interested in showing up a day early. How do you want to handle that? Do I pay the extra now or later?

W

wrightme43

Need to get 4 or so people that want show up a day early so the split is fair. Ron will reserve the place for us for just 250$ but the only fair way to handle it is have the total bill for the 3 days prepaid before we go on the hook for the rental. It has to be paid even if noone shows up so this way Anthony is covered monetarily. The extra days can be worked out in the next few days and pay when you get there.

W

wrightme43

Here is a nice all day route with stops to eat, and photo ops built in.

Zoom down and check the twisties.

Hopefully it will come up.

It heads to a gas station first thing within 6 miles of start. Refuel in Tellico plains before the skyway ride home so all bikes are full of fuel -50 miles on return to the house for dinner. Lunch at the dragons tail on 129 after riding the hell bender in. A cut off and return home or stay on the dragon split point is there as well.

from:Luciannda' Dee Dr to:NC-143/Sweetwater Rd to:Fontana Rd/NC-28 to:US-129 to:TN-115/US-129 to:TN-72 to:Bakers Creek Rd/TN-72 to:TN-33/TN-411 to:TN-68 to:35.318487,-83.984127 to:NC-1127/NC-143/Santeetlah Rd - Google Maps

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&amp;saddr=Luciannda'+Dee+Dr&amp;daddr=NC-143%2FSweetwater+Rd+to:Fontana+Rd%2FNC-28+to:US-129+to:TN-115%2FUS-129+to:TN-72+to:Bakers+Creek+Rd%2FTN-72+to:TN-33%2FTN-411+to:TN-68+to:35.318487,-83.984127+to:NC-1127%2FNC-143%2FSanteetlah+Rd&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=FaArGwIdcfv_-g%3BFfTUGwIdJq8C-w%3BFaC0HAIdQsYB-w%3BFRwpHQIdqHv_-g%3BFeS0HgId0sf8-g%3BFdjFHgIdsDD8-g%3BFfR2HwId8Dz7-g%3BFcHUHQIdB5j4-g%3BFSCpGwIdaKj5-g%3B%3BFcIvGwIdHuf_-g&amp;mra=dpe&amp;mrcr=6&amp;mrsp=9&amp;sz=13&amp;via=2,5,9&amp;sll=35.32507,-83.919582&amp;sspn=0.102521,0.222473&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=35.32507,-83.919582&amp;spn=0.102521,0.222473&amp;output=embed&amp;s=AARTsJrJrsT9wcNZb5m5Ka1TOP_DM7XusA"></iframe><br /><small><a href="Google Maps" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
I should be able to make that work. Dad said he would help me out with that if I wanted to go.

Let me get this straight on the money thing. There will need to be 100 up front, correct.

But then how much?

The I am assuming that is check in at noon or so on the 29th?

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to this!

-bryan

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
I got 3 of us here who want to go. (FZ6, SV650 and 675). You don't mind my letting non FZ6'ers come do you? And we would do a day earlier or after to cover for that expense.

W

wrightme43

Bryan, it would maybe be 20 or so over that for food, maybe under and the prepays get a refund.

W

wrightme43

I got 3 of us here who want to go. (FZ6, SV650 and 675). You don't mind my letting non FZ6'ers come do you? And we would do a day earlier or after to cover for that expense.

Nope no problem at all with other bikes as far as I am concerned. If we get over 12 people willing to prepay we should rent both the Point and the Ridge. That would keep it right at 110-120 a person for 3 days with food.

We know
AntMB
Mikebike
Gosling
Shaggy
BMcCrary
Me
Wildcard's 3 riders

Thats 10 already.

Lets give it a few days and I will call and reserve it. Ron knows we want it but if someone else pays him first well thats just business.
As of Today the Ridge and Point are both open that weekend.

We picked up several last minute people last year, and there were several that stayed in other places too.

W

wrightme43

I put glue on it when I made it. Just like those raindeer we made in kindergarten for the christmas tree. LOL

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Wish I could make it again...we had a blast last year. It's just too long of a ride from Cali and I also have to attend a wedding in Chicago that weekend.

Take lots of pictures!

2546499771_e0ee11eed5_b.jpg

2547282440_6453f585c4_b.jpg

2547290904_c2c8a2ffb4_b.jpg