2011 Westcoast Motorcycle Ride to Live June 5th

markustyson

Reaction score
Visit site
This year's Ride to Live on Vancouver Island will be happening on Sunday June 5th. Once again we are raising money for prostate cancer awareness, education and research.

Despite rain (and I mean it was pouring) we had 400 motorcycles and riders come out and support this cause, raising a total of just over $89,000. This event is 100% local, as money raised on the island stays on the island.

This year our starting location will be Steve Drane, with the poker route making its way out to the Mary Winspear Centre in Sidney where a BBQ lunch and entertainment by Monkey Wrench will welcome riders. We hope you can come out and have a great time supporting a great cause.

Registration is now open, so check the website for details:WESTCOAST Motorcycle Ride To Live - Fighting Prostate Cancer in BC

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Hey Markus!

Long time no chat! Got the date booked for this one!! I missed out on last years but I'm in for 2011! Can't wait!

I support this ride as all the money stays locally :thumbup: The Vancouver Island Safety Council also fully supports and attends the Ride to Live.

I'll be hoooking up with Mr. Dunlop as well for this event!

markustyson

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Dave!
Thanks for the support of the ride this year and it's great to know that the safety council is on board too! I've had the pleasure of volunteering for this event for 2 years now and it is awesome!
Yes, bring Mr.D. He's all excited about his bike now that it;s back together and upgraded. Speaking of upgrading..awesome choice of new bike. I gotta say that I'm quite jealous, as I was eyeing that one at Action for sometime. They have a white one in stock now.....hmmmm..

We should all organize a ride before June 5th. Keep me posted.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Yes we should get a little ride going with you, me, Dunlop and maybe a few others?

What might be an idea is joining us for a VISC Alumni ride. Myself and one of the other instructors started and organized this last year. About once a month we organize a little ride, typically one evening after dinner, but we have also done bigger rides on weekends. It's a chance for new and old VISC Alumni to come out, meet, ride and have a coffee afterwards. It's open to anyone who (not just VISC Alum) who wants to go for a nice ride and meet some fun people. I'll keep you and Mr.D posted as we should be starting them up soon. We post them on the VISC Facebook page here: Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

I might have a few questions later on for ya about the Ride to Live since this will be my first time doing it.

As for the VFR....mmmmmmmmmmmm. I've only been out on it a few times so far, but enjoying it VERY much. I have to say it is awesome having hard cases!!! Just having that available storage always there so nice!! Once you have them, you wont want to go back! Go pull the trigger on that white 09 VFR!!! You wont regret it! Kerry @ Action was awesome to deal with and made me a deal I couldn't walk away from...so be careful, he's 'dangerous'. ;)

Last edited: