2016-17 Epic Snowfall

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
According to the Nat'l Weather Service, Mt. Rose Ski Resort which is approximately just 20 miles west of Reno currently has the highest recorded snowfall for North America, something like over 700 inches and counting.

Just past the ski slopes at the top of the Mt. Rose Summit.

20170311_132012_zps9xuojfyd.jpg

20170311_131825_zpsez61x9i5.jpg

20170311_135758_zpsmykwaad3.jpg

Lake Tahoe in the background

20170311_133715_zps9adrk5zq.jpg

20170311_133832_zpsvnry55qt.jpg

Finally back home. I wish, this is not my house but I felt sorry for the guy, he has a lot of shoveling to do. I stopped and talked to him for a few minutes, I said nice house and he said nice bike.

20170311_134552_zpss1wcxor0.jpg

Here's a short video compilation of my ride this afternoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ2nN8ufiEI

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That's some heavy snowfall Kenny! That guy needs a snow blower on that roof.

Is there a lot of salt on those roads? If so wash that bike after each ride.

I think it was like 90 in Borrego yesterday. Lisa and I tried to get down Montezuma Valley Road but there were so many cars jammed in traffic we turned around. It's spring bloom in the desert now and it seems the whole state knows about it now.

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Kenny, I went for a ride yesterday. Rich rode dirt with a friend. I went with some other friends. We rode up to Virginia City on Geiger Grade. Some snow at the top. Around 1 foot banks on the side at the top. The truck route was sandy. Not fun. Did a sighting lap. Had lunch in Carson at a Irish Pub (fitting since it's St. Patrick's Day on Friday) then came home East lake around Washoe lake. Some in our group went up Spooner, East shore of Tahoe and down Mt. Rose highway. I didn't want to take my Street Triple R incase it was wet, sandy, salty (or whatever). By the looks of those snow banks in your pics we won't be riding a snow free Mt. Rose Highway until July or August.

Cliff, we are taking a ride to Death Valley in a couple of weeks. We were hoping the tourist wouldn't be out yet. I guess we can look forward to some traffic. Ugh! Darn Californians. lol

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Cliff, we are taking a ride to Death Valley in a couple of weeks. We were hoping the tourist wouldn't be out yet. I guess we can look forward to some traffic. Ugh! Darn Californians. lol

Monica, Our situation may be more dramatic being San Diego is in close proximity, just over the mountains to Anza Borrego Desert. Where your going it may be just fine.
Lisa and I plan on taking a weekday his week and heading to see the bloom.[emoji1]

Sent from Moto's Motorola

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Monica, Our situation may be more dramatic being San Diego is in close proximity, just over the mountains to Anza Borrego Desert. Where your going it may be just fine. Lisa and I plan on taking a weekday his week and heading to see the bloom.[emoji1] Sent from Moto's Motorola
Especially when it was featured on tonight's CBS Evening News. The spring bloom from the desert was incredible, 1st of it's kind in over a decade!

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Monica, Our situation may be more dramatic being San Diego is in close proximity, just over the mountains to Anza Borrego Desert. Where your going it may be just fine.
Lisa and I plan on taking a weekday his week and heading to see the bloom.[emoji1]

Sent from Moto's Motorola

Cool! Let me know how the bloom is. We are going one way or the other - ride or drive.