2022 08 FZ6 S2 04 R6 fork swap without shim

SoFlySomkhit

Reaction score
Visit site
So I did the r6 fork swap without the shims all I did was made the 19mm hex side of the r6 axel flush with the fork and tighten the 2 pinch bolts under itthen used a ratchet and started to tighten the other side making the forks bind towards each other to where the wheel can spin freely without having the rotor rub against the brake pads. How stupid am I being rn lol will this cause any major problems it only wobbles a little bit when I’m goin like 100+mph when I go over cracks on the highway but other than that it’s the only problem I’m having

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
While you may not perceive it, the forks are binding. The higher the slider travel, the more they’ll bind.

At best you are looking at asymmetric wear on the bushings. At worst you are looking and poor, even dangerous handling characteristics.

I’d install the proper spacers.

SoFlySomkhit

Reaction score
Visit site
While you may not perceive it, the forks are binding. The higher the slider travel, the more they’ll bind.

At best you are looking at asymmetric wear on the bushings. At worst you are looking and poor, even dangerous handling characteristics.

I’d install the proper spacers.
Well hopefully some brand makes the kit now that I can easily buy instead of having a machinists make it