2nd Annual FZ Forums Texas Campout Oct 9 - 11

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here it is, the 2nd Annual FZ Forums Campout in beautiful Leakey, Tx, October 9th through the 11th. :cheer:

This year members from ALL of the FZ forums are welcome to attend, not that they weren't last year, 6'ers, 1'ers and R'ers.

We will meet Friday evening at Oak Hill Cabins at Leakey, ride Saturday and head out for more riding on the way home on Sunday. I've reserved a cabin that sleeps 8, if we need more room no problem, we can get more room. http://www.oakhillcabinsllc.com/index.html

Saturday we'll cook out and play UNO, poker, whatever and well...drink, beer, wine, liquor or sodas, no pressure at all.

The highlight of the weekend is the Twisted Sisters ride. Other attractions include the Lone Star Motorcycle Museum in Vanderpool, and the Devil's Backbone ride. Or if you like you can just chill on Leakey and people/bike watch. Very fun.

Texas Motorcycle Roads & Routes - Twisted Sisters | OpenRoadJourney.com

Home
:rockon: :thumbup:

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Check fire! I just spoke with Deb and she sold out this morning for that weekend.

There are many other cabins in town, let me see what I can find. Fear not!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got a location for the weekend in Leakey, I'll post details tonight after work.

Very reasonable, kitchen, cook out, etc.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
I'm posting this on behalf of Pete. The forum is blocked from his workplace.

The new location is Oak Hill Cabins.
Oak Hill Cabins LLC in the Frio Canyon, Texas Hill Country

At the moment, we're planning to rent Cabin 5, which has two bedrooms for couples and five single beds for us bachelor types.

We're planning to do an even split for the rental among all attendees. If we fill the cabin, it will $27 per person, or $22 if we're on the winter rates now. If we only get 5 total, it will be $50 or $40 each. So the more we get, the better it is for everyone.

Sign up early. If we get a large group, we'll need advance notice so that we can rent a second cabin.

Fred

Last edited:

kellybt1052

Reaction score
Visit site
Dammit!!!! I really watned to attend this year, the date wont work and I just saw this thread. Made Deals Gap in June, really wanted to head south to Austin. Next time I guess, ride safe and take pics so we can live vicariously through you!!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I booked the room, we can settle up the cost there. The cabin. Number 5, will sleep eight. So far, my wife, Fred and I am in. Any and all are welcome, just post up if you can make it. If you only want to come up for Saturday that is fine too.

There is a small kitchen to we can cook. Some silverwear, flat wear, pots/pans, etc. There are two bedrooms that have queens, and then several twins on the main room. Very nice poarch and a grill outside.

I really appologize for the delay, the new job simply ate all of my time to contact the inn keepers.

I've no idea on the weather but bring rain gear. Leakey is in a valley in the "Alps" of Texas and the weather will settle in on the valley in the morning hours. It can be cooler and wetter that time of year than the surrounding areas.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Who can resist riding the best roads in Texas? Not me. Come and join us, enjoy the wonderful fall weather, finally, and beautiful roads. :thumbup:

rider1a

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Pete,

Mark me down as a "yes"....does the large cabin have individual rooms or do we all stay in one large room? I would rather not awake with up with another persons foot in my mouth. I have also heard several members on here have a terrible problem with toe fungus.

biggrin.gif

At least, I can stay at nearby and bring my sleeping bag....hopefully we won't need the A/C. I will call and take care of the reservation for myself.

Thanks for putting this FZ rally together!

The other Fred

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Pete,

Mark me down as a "yes"....does the large cabin have individual rooms or do we all stay in one large room? I would rather not awake with up with another persons foot in my mouth. I have also heard several members on here have a terrible problem with toe fungus.

biggrin.gif

At least, I can stay at nearby and bring my sleeping bag....hopefully we won't need the A/C. I will call and take care of the reservation for myself.

Thanks for putting this FZ rally together!

The other Fred

Woo Hoo!

There are two seperate rooms with a queen, and then in the main area are four twins. So there is plenty of room. Take a look at the photos and you'll get a better idea.

rider1a

Reaction score
Visit site
Woo Hoo!

There are two seperate rooms with a queen, and then in the main area are four twins. So there is plenty of room. Take a look at the photos and you'll get a better idea.

It looks like a great selection and location. I will leave Austin early Friday and take the scenic route.

I have a room reserved. It will be fun to meet other Fazer riders from the Texas region.

Fred

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We're in cabin 5. I'll be up there about 7 to 8 in the evening on Friday.

Are you staying with Fred and I, or did you get your own place?

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you can't make the entire weekend feel free to come up for the ride on Saturday. I'd guess we'll roll out about 10 am or so for the Twisted Sisters loop. Once we're back from that ride we'll most likely do another ride that afternoon.

rider1a

Reaction score
Visit site
We're in cabin 5. I'll be up there about 7 to 8 in the evening on Friday.

Are you staying with Fred and I, or did you get your own place?

I got a solo cabin at the same place. I will arrive sometime in the afternoon. The place is packed with deer, especially along the roadside like #337 after 4:00 pm, so be careful on the road.

The long-term weather shows that it will be 50'ish lows, 72 highs with a 40 percent of rain only on Friday. It should be nice and cool for riding on Saturday and Sunday.

:)

Fred

Last edited:

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Bump for this thread. Three days to go, and there's still room in the cabin.

If we get rained out, Pete and I are bringing our fishing rods for an alternate activity!

Fred