4 Degree Ignition Advancer Rotor Pick Up

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to hear that, any feedback would be useful.

I found Final Impact's thread. He has done 5 degrees advance.

The changes made paid off!!! Throttle chop is NEAR NONEXISTENT!!! So I'm very happy with the combined results of a few simple mods!

As of 2014-10-03:
1) CAT delete w/a straight through mid-pipe.
2) Advance timing 5.0°
3) Add fuel by means of CO adjust From 0/0 to 38/38 < my case...
4) ->> 89 - 91 Octane fuel ALWAYS (USA grading)
?) AISS plates. Not sure if they help this. However, by not adding air at the exhaust valves when throttle plates are closed, the exhaust should retain a lower pressure and thus, pull in gases better (think scavenge). So, these may in fact help this.

Bike is happy, rider is VERY HAPPY! Its just a pleasure to ride and will likely keep it for another season and continue to tinker and see what can be done to the little 600 to bring its performance up...
This winter may get it a port job, pre-cat removal from headers, and thinner head gasket to bump the compression. Drop in some CR10E plugs and the Bazzaz F/I controller and see how she does!

Lovable features:
+ Throttle response - engine tracks throttle position much quicker.
+ Clutchless shifting is cake (due to better throttle response)
+ Low RPM rewet - although not 100% fixed, I'm going to say the typically rider would not have a complaint much less notice.
+ Throttle input is smooth, i.e. roll-on throttle action more more linear even pull from lower RPMs. i.e. Pulls better from 5K to 10K!
+ 0 to 100 pull is better. Its breathing. No proof except factory installed @ss dyno....
+ Two Bro pipes have a nice sharp crackle.
+ Engine temps unchanged from stock.
+ Fuel MPG didn't take huge hit. Advancing the timing helps this.

Drawbacks:
- Plus or better grade fuel required
- Idle RPM seems to vary a little more with temperature. Need to investigate.

https://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/51736-08-fz6-condensed-build-thread-final-impact.html?highlight=welding

Also an other link:

https://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/37988-timing-timing-timing.html

Last edited:

TKBone

Reaction score
Visit site
Today the postman rang-

Rotor came, installed and it is gooood!

Went for a ride and the result is pure joy!
The bike is much more linear concerning power delivery! Installation was plug and play. Twisties are much more fun and you know that power is there when you are coming out of the corner and pull the cable! I absolutely recommend this mod! Driving with ROZ 95 without any problems (heat same, no pinging!). What a great little part!

Rode 160 km twisties and mountain roads. Love it. If there are questions: just ask!

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback.
Great news.
I am after some more low end torque. I've installed 15t front sprocket, and i like it better than before.
But power coming inside of engine would be better.
Do you think this mod is useful for low end power?
Did you also change your gasoline type or use the same fuel?

TKBone

Reaction score
Visit site
Same gasoline and it helps low and mid rpms. Try it! I also reccomend adjustment of tps sensor and cut the snorkle of the airbox for less snatchy throttle! I will go dir the smaller sprocket when my chain is due.

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
I have an idea about producing it.
I can just ask a machine shop to laser cut this part from sheet metal. Then paint it to black. It'll cost around $5-10 locally.
But i need dimensions :=)
They can cut using Autocad drawings.

TKBone

Reaction score
Visit site
35109149wl.jpg

Sorry all I can give u is this Foto. Don't forget the square on the backside... And 36€ ain't that much!

Smittyboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Could someone please provide even a rough idea of what is necessary to install this part? I'd like to pursue this, but just showing the part is like showing a left handed booblefletzer.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Could someone please provide even a rough idea of what is necessary to install this part? I'd like to pursue this, but just showing the part is like showing a left handed booblefletzer.
advancing ignition timing will increase cylinder pressures and generate more power. in an effort to make engines more reliable across a wide range of fuel quality and octane, manufacturers generally use a very conservative advance curve. advancing timing narrows the range, requiring higher octane. this will put more stress on the internals, so the balance is to add enough advance to unlock more power without nearing the point of engine destruction. [MENTION=15974]FinalImpact[/MENTION] has been running 5 degrees of additional advance for some time without any reported problems so 4 degrees is safer than what he did. of course if your engine is not healthy or you dont run premium fuel, this could be a recepie for disaster.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

^^^^ What he said.

As for installation, it's pretty simple. Take the 'oil pump' cover off at the green circle in image below. Be careful with the gasket...or have a new one on hand.
web_side_7b27c402-057b-4002-92f7-e7980e83f923_1024x1024.jpg

wheel.jpg

TKBone

Reaction score
Visit site
Inbus for the cover, a wrench for the rotor screw, gasket sealant, a razor blade for the old sealant remains and i used loctide on the rotor screw. That's what i used :) Just came home from riding and still there is a grin on my face!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Do we need to change the spark plug model with this mod?

Maybe if you were doing a mod that required a change in heat range of the plug but I think your good with the stock requirement/equivalent.