ABS warning light

Eroc77

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2005 S1 and swapped to a 2007 S2 speedometer. ABS light stays on and I don’t believe to have a ABS system.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll see if I can find my ABS featured schematic. If it's a data issue the CPU may be expecting a specific code on the data line but your ECU may not send the code to shut it off. I don't remember a USA model with ABS so maybe the Speedo is an EU and there are a US and EU designed speedo.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, from what I can find on an ABS light on the instrument cluster, the ABS light is not turned on thru the data line to the CPU in the cluster. There is a geen with red tracer wire that feeds that light from the ABS ECU which your bike does not have. If you can find a green with red tracer wire and disconnect it on the meter side, the ABS light should have no source power to it and go out.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
On the issue of the speedometer, the sensor that gives wheel speed may be from the ABS sensor/ECU off one of the wheels as opposed to the non ABS bike cluster. That might be tricky to solve....

Eroc77

Reaction score
Visit site
I found the 2007 ABS schematic. I see what you mean. Mine doesn’t have that wire. Very strange. Not sure where it is getting power. I even tried using a jumper thinking the warning light was a sign of loss of power from ABS ECU. The bummer is buying a US model for another $350 dollars.