Acumen gear indicator group buy

motopete

Reaction score
Visit site
I was chatting with the cycle sector guy about a Acumen DG8 with a FZ6 plug+play harness group buy. They said if there was enough interest we could make it work. So those that are interested post it here.

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Interested!

Anthony and crew are really good folks. I'm right around the corner from them and have had a chance to meet them.

Cliff

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Haven't heard from them yet......I gave Amy my email as well.....They're probably waiting for info from Acumen on a group price....

Cliff

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just called and spoke with Diego at Cycle Sector and he advised me that person from Acuman that's supposed to return info on a price hasn't responded as of yet. He's said he will call again and will call me back with the info.

Cliff

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just called Cycle Sector again and they said even if Acumen doesn't respond, they do a good deal for us. Acuman hasn't responded to the query as of yet.

So maybe we can as a group, if you're interested, reply "I'm interested" and I can say to Cycle Sector, "I have X amount from the forum that are interested. I know this can be predicated on price to begin with, but if you're interested please respond.

Thanks,
Cliff

Disco@cyclesector

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for your interest guys, and thanks Cliff for following up with me on this. I was finally able to talk to the distributor and we have the green light for a group buy on these! :thumbup:

They dont stock any FZ harnesses apparently, however they will be getting an order from England in about 2 weeks and they could put them on the order for us. What I figured we could do is a pre-order deal so I can let them know how many units we need.

I went ahead and made a special discount code for you guys. If you add the item to the shopping cart and use the code "Acumen" at checkout, you will receive 20% off! This brings the price down from $159.99 to $127.99!

Get em here: CycleSector.com

Details:

*I will be posting this deal on other forums to get more sales.
*We need at least 10 units to get this pricing.
*This is a group buy so all units will be shipped to me at one time after the sale is over.
*They will ship to me in about 3 weeks.
*Do not order this on the group buy if you are not willing to wait at least 3 weeks for them.
*Since they do not stock FZ harnesses, they are non-refundable in case you decide you don't want one anymore.

By the way if you also want to include a chain and sprocket kit to the order, we can offer great pricing on that as well!

Thank you!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for your interest guys, and thanks Cliff for following up with me on this. I was finally able to talk to the distributor and we have the green light for a group buy on these! :thumbup:

They dont stock any FZ harnesses apparently, however they will be getting an order from England in about 2 weeks and they could put them on the order for us. What I figured we could do is a pre-order deal so I can let them know how many units we need.

I went ahead and made a special discount code for you guys. If you add the item to the shopping cart and use the code "Acumen" at checkout, you will receive 20% off! This brings the price down from $159.99 to $127.99!

Get em here: CycleSector.com

Details:

*I will be posting this deal on other forums to get more sales.
*We need at least 10 units to get this pricing.
*This is a group buy so all units will be shipped to me at one time after the sale is over.
*They will ship to me in about 3 weeks.
*Do not order this on the group buy if you are not willing to wait at least 3 weeks for them.
*Since they do not stock FZ harnesses, they are non-refundable in case you decide you don't want one anymore.

By the way if you also want to include a chain and sprocket kit to the order, we can offer great pricing on that as well!

Thank you!
Thank you so much for the follow-up on this. I have a question on the harness. With out the FZ6 harness means we have to hard wire? I mean we still get instructions and can tie into our harness, correct?

Thanks,
Cliff

uglyguitar

Reaction score
Visit site
So is this for a plug in model or one you have to solder in? I see you mentioned that we'd have to wait a few weeks, so I'm assuming this is to get the plug in kit?

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site

motopete

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm guessing this is for the plug n play model, since FZ6 is on the harness list now. Acumen says they will make any custom harness, so if there enough of us I'm sure they'll do it.