After Market / Replacement Spedometer

Matthewleehood123

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All!

New to the forum and looking for advice already! Loving my Fzr6-2 (2007), the only thing I am not keen on is the speedo/dash. I find it hard to see in low light/sunrise/sunset before the backlight comes on and also, would like to have a gear indicator.

Can anyone recommend or has anyone changed theirs for a digital display?

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

:thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to this great forum!

As Gary said. The instrument cluster uses data from the ECU (Electronic Control Unit/computer) and converts it to the readout. This includes diagnostics for trouble shooting and error code information. If you can find a unit that is specifically compatible you can use it.

Is there the possibility the backlight in your unit is defective?

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
so it cant be replaced? that's a shame....

Actually, it's the generally preferred dash between the S1 and S2 bikes... Many folks go from the S1 to the S2 dash..

Your dash is the same as this correct and you have problems reading it? (ignore the GPS)

You can adjust the back light if you haven't already.. It shouldn't be an issue reading in the dark..

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
so it cant be replaced? that's a shame....

I don't know that it can't be replaced. If you do research you may find there is an aftermarket unit that is compatible with the FZ6. As [MENTION=6338]TownsendsFJR1300[/MENTION] mentioned, your backlight might be adjustable so you can correct your dusk/dawn problem with visibility.

To start you might check out Koso and contact them for a compatible instrument readout for the FZ6. https://kosonorthamerica.com/

Keep in mind the ECU on the FZ6 sends info via a data line (a single wire) that is processed by a CPU in the instrument cluster that contains speed, rpm,error codes, diagnostics,CEL etc.this means you need to find a unit that can process that data.

Last edited:

Matthewleehood123

Reaction score
Visit site
Actually, it's the generally preferred dash between the S1 and S2 bikes... Many folks go from the S1 to the S2 dash..

Your dash is the same as this correct and you have problems reading it? (ignore the GPS)

You can adjust the back light if you haven't already.. It shouldn't be an issue reading in the dark..

no, just realised my mistake in the original post... i have the S1....

image.jpg