Question Aftermarket fuel pump

Amara

Reaction score
Visit site
Because my 2007 FZ6N has been sitting and hasn't been started in about 2 years, I'm going give it a new fuel pump.

I haven't really heard too much about the reliability of this brand, but I got a fuel pump from them in the past to replace the fuel pump in a 2013 Hyosung GT250R that I used to own, and it worked better than expected (gave a little better top end).

I was wondering if anyone has used one of these fuel pumps in their FZ6 ?

gnyce

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you just randomly replacing the fuel pump? Is there an issue, perceived or otherwise, or you just think that after 2 years, it should go? I have no experience with the FZ6 fuel pump, or with "Quantum", but I've fixed up a few bikes from the 80's/90's, and my experience is that 1) the OEM fuel pump is of a higher quality, and 2) fuel pumps are pretty hardy/resilient. I've used some 3rd-party pumps, and they have (to date) been louder and of lesser quality... to the point where, I replaced a 'bad' fuel pump with a used OEM one (1987 bike).

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with going OEM if you need to replace the fuel pump. There are factors like fuel pressure and volume in the delivery of the fuel that can be effect the performance of the bike. If the filter on the fuel pump needs cleaning that can definitely effect volume delivery and performance.

Amara

Reaction score
Visit site
Are you just randomly replacing the fuel pump? Is there an issue, perceived or otherwise, or you just think that after 2 years, it should go? I have no experience with the FZ6 fuel pump, or with "Quantum", but I've fixed up a few bikes from the 80's/90's, and my experience is that 1) the OEM fuel pump is of a higher quality, and 2) fuel pumps are pretty hardy/resilient. I've used some 3rd-party pumps, and they have (to date) been louder and of lesser quality... to the point where, I replaced a 'bad' fuel pump with a used OEM one (1987 bike).
There looks to be some surface rust inside the tank from what I can see through the top, so the fuel pump needs to come out anyway so I can clean the tank. I'm planning on replacing the fuel pump while I've got it out of the tank

pmmcanon

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I take a seat here as I'm under the same situation, Pump dismounted, rust and mud inside the tank and pump body, everything cleaned with degreaser and air pressure but the pump not ready (it makes a glu-glu sound instead an electric buzz). Planning to dismount it again and change the pump body (not all tha assembly) with a Nippon Denso compatible stuff... Any ideas or suggestions are more than wellcome
Before/after pump pictures:
WhatsApp Image 2020-06-18 at 10.59.55.jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-06-18 at 13.31.07 (1).jpeg

pmmcanon

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, I already did it, cleaned with several products inside the tank, chloridric acid, vinegar, and lots of water because there was a finger of mud inside... I also applyed a epoxi resine (fuel resistant) to avoid same situation in the future. Also checked the injectors through the diag utilities with no errors and the corresponding "tics" ok. Pretty sure the inner pump mechanism is affected...