All Inclusive Tire Price Website?

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, I wanted to start to look at new shoes for my FZ and was curious if there was a multi-website searching tool that could compare prices with a great deal of motorcycle e-tailors...or if not, maybe I could turn this into a grand listing of all the good places to check out?

--UPDATED 9/3/15--

List and prices for Michelin Pilot Road 4s (for price comparison)
Rocky Mountain ATV/MC $304.86 w/shipping (no tax for NJ anyway)
Jake Wilson $304.86 w/shipping (no tax for NJ anyway)
Chaparral Motorsports $306.76 w/shipping (+tax for CA)
Sport Bike Track Gear $309.66 w/shipping (not sure on tax)
American Motorcycle Tire $313.86 (not sure on tax, had to make an account and didn't)
Bike Bandit $323.32 (Not sure on shipping and tax)
MoToSPORT $325.98 w/shipping (not sure on tax)
Revzilla $348.94 w/shipping (not sure on Tax)
Iron Pony Motorsports $373.98 w/shipping (no tax for NJ anyway)

List and prices for Bridgestone S20 EVO (for price comparison)
American Motorcycle Tire $195.28 (not sure on tax, had to make an account and didn't)
Rocky Mountain ATV/MC $208.76 w/shipping (no tax for NJ anyway)
Jake Wilson $208.76 w/shipping (no tax for NJ anyway)
Chaparral Motorsports $210.76 w/shipping (+tax for CA)
Bike Bandit $215.38 (Not sure on shipping and tax)
Sport Bike Track Gear $234.37 w/shipping (not sure on tax)
MoToSPORT $237.99 w/shipping (not sure on Tax)
Iron Pony Motorsports $251.98 w/shipping (not sure on Tax)
Revzilla $258.96 w/shipping (not sure on Tax)

Last edited:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, I wanted to start to look at new shoes for my FZ and was curious if there was a multi-website searching tool that could compare prices with a great deal of motorcycle e-tailors...or if not, maybe I could turn this into a grand listing of all the good places to check out?

I just ordered PR2's through Sport bike Track Gear. They were great to work with and price matched Jake Wilson(lowest price I could find)

EDIT: STG matched JW at $256.80.

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't know of a site which would compare all. My go-to stores are:

motorcycle-superstore
sportbiketrackgear
motosport

As Joe mentioned, some will match prices, but the trick is finding the best price to begin with. In the end you're talking ~$20-30 savings. Not a whole lot for something that'll last at least one year, so I'd be sure to go with a trustworthy shop with good service over questionable place with best price.

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm going to need new tires within the next month or so. I appreciate the references of sites to check.

I have learned that track take-offs are not much of a deal when they only last a few months. Although the track melt on the edges seems to impress the guys who nonchalantly check for chicken strips on "the girl's" bike. Lol

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't know of a site which would compare all. My go-to stores are:

motorcycle-superstore
sportbiketrackgear
motosport

As Joe mentioned, some will match prices, but the trick is finding the best price to begin with. In the end you're talking ~$20-30 savings. Not a whole lot for something that'll last at least one year, so I'd be sure to go with a trustworthy shop with good service over questionable place with best price.
Thanks for the links and advice.

I wonder how far a bigger reputable company would go on a price match with a lesser known but better priced business.

Got my PR4 GT's from these guys, American Motorcycle Tire - American Motorcycle Tire. Free shipping and super fast turnaround.
Thanks, added to the list :thumbup:

I'm going to need new tires within the next month or so. I appreciate the references of sites to check.

I have learned that track take-offs are not much of a deal when they only last a few months. Although the track melt on the edges seems to impress the guys who nonchalantly check for chicken strips on "the girl's" bike. Lol
Glad you and others will also benefit from this, I may update monthly with prices of PR3s and PR4s (since these are likely the tires I will get...unless another comparable tire shows its head why it's time to buy) to show the general trend of price disparity between each vendor.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I wonder how far a bigger reputable company would go on a price match with a lesser known but better priced business.

For me, the biggest reason to go with a reputable place is service. I got a defective tire from motorcycle-superstore. Called them up.. they immediately emailed me a shipping label. They issues a full refund a day after they received the tire back from me. That's service.

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
For me, the biggest reason to go with a reputable place is service. I got a defective tire from motorcycle-superstore. Called them up.. they immediately emailed me a shipping label. They issues a full refund a day after they received the tire back from me. That's service.
Yeah I saw that Revzilla has a pretty low free shipping limit (far lower than even just the front tire would be) and they don't charge restocking fees which is cool. I love supporting the little guys as much as the next guy but can agree that a there's value in also going with a bigger company that takes care of everything :thumbup:

DeepBlueRider

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I saw that Revzilla has a pretty low free shipping limit (far lower than even just the front tire would be) and they don't charge restocking fees which is cool. I love supporting the little guys as much as the next guy but can agree that a there's value in also going with a bigger company that takes care of everything :thumbup:

AFAIR Revzilla is not charging state tax :cheer:

DeepBlueRider

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice! I wonder if whatever state they're based in still gets taxed though

Frequently Asked Questions - RevZilla

Q) How does the "No Sales Tax" work?
A) For those states in which we have a physical presence, we are required by state law to remit sales tax. Although most retailers will collect this from you and then remit to the state, we do not charge you sales tax and thus pay the sales tax for you. Currently, RevZilla pays sales tax in the states of Pennsylvania and Nevada. For those states in which we are not required to pay sales tax, the consumer may be responsible for use tax. Please check with your state and local laws in regards to use tax and how it may affect you.

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Adding my 2c

2014-06-17
Shopping for an S20 120/70/17 Item Number: 330-0383

Access Denied
$112.19 Free shipping over $50.00

Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S20 Ultra-High Performance Radial Front Tire - Chaparral Motorsports
$104.88
Free shipping on >$100, 2 day deliver on >$150

Bridgestone Battlax Hyper Sport S20 Front Motorcycle Tire | Motorcycle Tires | Jake Wilson
$94.99
Free Shipping over $100

Bridgestone Battlax Hyper Sport S20 Front Motorcycle Tire | Motorcycle | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC
$94.99
Shipping $7.00

BRIDGESTONE - Battlax S20 Street Motorcycle Tires - Street Tires - Tires - Cycle Gear
119.99 Pick up local, >$99.00 free shipping but items is OVERSIZED so +$5.00 added

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't forget your local dealer. Sometimes it is better to support local businesses and build up a relationship with a shop. My last 2 sets of tires have been bought locally and when asked they actually beat the prices I was seeing on-line.

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't forget your local dealer. Sometimes it is better to support local businesses and build up a relationship with a shop. My last 2 sets of tires have been bought locally and when asked they actually beat the prices I was seeing on-line.
Good point, definitely something I'll consider when tire time comes.

Maybe they would work with me...I don't even think there's many local places near me anymore. They'll probably try and sell me the install, NOPE NOPE NOPE. Such a rip off

Wildcat_drvr

Great-Grandpaw!
Reaction score
Visit site
My local Yamaha shop,North End Cycle,Elkhart In.matches Internet prices.
When I needed new tires I looked all over the Web.
Best I could find on PR3s was $308.98.
They beat the best I could find by $8.98!
Bought supper,with Pie!
:cool:
Rich