Any good rec's for FZ6 Naked conversion kit?

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The feedback on those kits is that they are crap. Parts often don't fit together and parts are sometimes missing.

My suggestion (and what I did) is to make your own "kit". What do you want the bike to look like? It's not a lot of parts; headlight, directionals, mirrors, bracket for the indicator, brackets for the head light...that's it. I used some expensive parts (headlight brackets) and some very inexpensive parts. I think my total was around $200...and when you consider that I sold my forward faring for $300 - going naked made me money.

EastcoastRN

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I think I am going to look into it a little more. I was hoping to get something pre-packaged and a straight swap but my concern was exactly what you stated (missing or ill fitting pieces) because most of those kits seem to be from china and probably manufactured in large quantities with other bike parts too.

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I used these brackets on my bike (actually several builds). They look great, are strong/solid and have a provision to mount directionals:

There are many headlight options, depending on your style. If you want to go round and retro you can find great units at dime city cycles or even Amazon. Speedmotoco has a lot of “street fighter” and “urban” units. They are expensive if purchased there, but they sell the originals. You can find similar units on eBay at a fraction the cost...but the quality will suffer

Directionals and mirrors can be found everywhere. What ever you buy for front directionals, be sure to get a pair for the rear...they “have to” match. I used bar end mirrors on my FZ6 and Cafe Racer

Like I said, figure out what you like - it’s all out there.