Anyone else out there

ddg

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I live in Newfoundland but am from Amherst, NS. I was just around the outskirts of NS and NB on a two week trip. The cabot trail in cape breton is a really good ride.:D There are a few sections of slow speed hair pins, ocean drop on one side and hill on the other.

Gigot2000

L'Bon Dieu Amen
Reaction score
Visit site
What a coincidence! For the beginning of August, I've planned 4 days on your soil and 6 other days for the Gaspésie, N-B and NS. If you see a fully sport-touring FZ6, that should be me! I'll be grateful for a wave! :)
Must admit, the whole point of the trip is to see New Foundland. I should be there around the 11th or 12th. Simply sounds like a beautiful place to be. But who knows? You don't make the news that often... ;)

YamaSpeed

Dartmouth Ambassador
Reaction score
Visit site
ANyone else riding with the FZ family in atlantic Canada? If so, can you suggest any good rides?

Dartmouth NS here. the Old Guysborough Rd and then through Meyers Grant Rd to Mosquidoboit Harbour. back to the city via the No 7 along the coast.
This is a great loop with some low traffic areas and low access as well as slow stuff with beautiful scenery and great twisties. Takes about 2 hours from start to finish.

Just one of many in Nova Scotia. We are blessed with a lot of nice rides around here.

Is there anybody else from the HRM or Halifax County belong to this form?

rcampbell

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in PEI, but odds are there aren't too many other Islanders on this forum. If anyone if over this way a ride would be great!

Robmac

Reaction score
Visit site
If you start seeing a black '08 in the Charlottetown area... that would be me.

It comes in next week and I plan on hitting the road first week of April, see you around.

Rob

I'm in PEI, but odds are there aren't too many other Islanders on this forum. If anyone if over this way a ride would be great!

OhHellYeah

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey YamaSpeed, I live downtown Halifax and I just picked up my first bike - the blacked-out FZ6!!! I've just been going on great rips lately getting the hang of her, and when I feel up-to-snuff we should link up for a cruise. I'm relatively new to the Maritimes so it's been a random adventure finding all these nice rides around. Prospect to Peggy's Cove is a great one, and I just crossed the old bridge down to Lawrencetown yesterday - incredible.
Today I think I'll get on the 102 North then try out your Guysborough route. The snow's melting and the Sun's shining---time to go!!

FAZERRIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I am in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia. There are so many nice around here. I must say I really liked going around the Cabot Trail on my bike. You will not be let down. Only, not to many places to get fuel. Great price on renting a cabin at Ingonish Beach when I went. Around $50 a night for a cabin with everything you need. You can even cook a meal. Everything you need is there except the food. Great hills and turns. I just took my time and enjoyed the ride. Very nice people in Cape Breton too. Newfoundland is another place you will really enjoy. You will never meet better folks. Just watch out for moose and caraboo. They are everywhere!

Maintain

YamaSpeed

Dartmouth Ambassador
Reaction score
Visit site

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ANyone else riding with the FZ family in atlantic Canada? If so, can you suggest any good rides?

The Lighthouse Route. Goes from Halifax out past Peggies Cove (probably the most famous lighthouse ever). Awe inspiring scenery, some real nice twistys, and some good little local spots to stop and eat. Just be sure to ride safely, because there are always lots of tourists, and they're eyeing the scenery too...

canoe2u

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey,

Just picked up on the post, glad to know there are other FZers out here!

I live in Dieppe and did a great ride in October around Chegnecto Cape, headed out to Amherst and did the loop to Joggins, Parrsboro and back to Bass River then the highway back to Dieppe. Lots of twisty roads in great shape. Can't recommend it highly enough. Plan to do the Cabot Trail next summer!