Anyone in Portland?

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
Been looking for someone to get a ride with. I hooked up last year with some riders off another sportbikes site but they were a little fast for me. :Sport:

You see, I thought the 25 mph curve signs meant 45, they thought 80. It was a long day :Flip:

So anyone in the P-Town area looking for some spring rides?

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
Wheres Maine? :)

Portland, OREGON....this is the Pacific forum so i guess i just ASSumed people would realize I am not talking about the Atlantic coast

Last edited:

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
i found 17 Listings for Portland across the states. :rockon:

This forum is, which is pretty sweet. FIrst time i logged onto this forum ithink there was 7 posts and look at her today, all growed up!

However, this is the USA>Pacific subforum :Im With Stupid:(j/k)

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I was kidding when I mentioned Maine, there are several members from Portland as I recalled. At least one from Vancouver, USA that is. I know F250Moto is down a couple of hours south from you. You might want to scroll through the new members section and see what you get.

F250moto

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Doc, I'm in Stayton which is about 10 minutes (bike time) from Salem. Thats close enough for a ride. What did you have in mind?

OregonFZSix

Cold as Ice
Reaction score
Visit site
and I'm in Corvallis but end up in Portland all the time and would make the trip for a ride any weekend during spring.

H

HavBlue

Been looking for someone to get a ride with. I hooked up last year with some riders off another sportbikes site but they were a little fast for me. :Sport:

You see, I thought the 25 mph curve signs meant 45, they thought 80. It was a long day :Flip:

So anyone in the P-Town area looking for some spring rides?

Man I need to hook up with them guys. Now that's my kind a ridin........

We got a Portland around here too. It's in Tennessee. Got some sweet roads around there too.

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, I just noticed all the responses! Looks like we could get 3-4 fizzers around for a spin. That would be sweet.

What I was thinking is some riding in spring when the sun comes out. I do anywhere from 50 miles for a quick spin to a couple hundred for longer afternoons. I know some roads out by Mt Hood that you can scream down and have some nice spots to kick back with a beverage and enjoy the view.

I also have been mulling a little longer trip out to the beach and either go north or south then a loop back to 5 and home.

But all in all, I'd be happy to meet and ride with with y'all anytime. I'm still a little green around the gills but I can keep up on the twisties and fly like a squid on the straights. This next week is finals and then I will be out of town a bit. So the 26th through the 30th of this month I would love a ride if the rain gods cooperate and pretty much any time after that I am open to the powers of suggestion.

PM if you want and I will send you my phone number,

Hope to hook up soon. :D

Wanderingpie

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been browsing these forums on and off for about a year, but seeing active users in Oregon got me excited enough to register. I'm down in Eugene, but have family in Portland, so you can find me up and down the valley, always willing to go for a ride. Hit me up any time you plan on riding and I'll try to come along, and maybe drag along my cruiser-jockey friends and make it more social. This coming week is my break too, so hopefully all the sun-dancing will pay off!

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
I am out of town till tuesday but will pm you if the weather looks good for a cruise. Prolly wont get the real good weather for another month or two though :(

Are you in school?

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Quite a few it would appear.

"Portland is the largest city in the U.S. state of Maine. Its population was 64,249 as of the 2000 Census, and estimated at 63,011 as of the 2006 Census Bureau estimate. "

Steve:Sport:

Wanderingpie

Reaction score
Visit site
Are you in school?

Sure am, finishing a degree at UO this year. I'll be in Portland (in my cage, unfortunately) from Tuesday-Thursday getting some wrenching done by a mechanic friend, but once I get back to the bike on Thursday, I'm more than willing to make tracks up the valley to ride.

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
You mean were not meeting in New Jersey, I was ready to gear up.:D

Gear up! Were riding cross-country!!! I wish....

Hopefully thursday or friday is sunny. I got some fgriends who are gonna camp Oswald West at the beach, weather permitting, and might do a day trip out there. Interested?

And no, Oswald west is, errrr, west? Not on the Jersey shore lol

schumacher62

Reaction score
Visit site
i am from oregon city, and went to school in eugene. god how i wish i was there now, riding those beautiful roads in the green springtime...

that valley has got to be a riders wonderland. not to mention the coast range and the cascades. bless you guys.