Anyone know where I can source a spare key?

IanHoots

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

I picked up my 2005 FZ6S last week and it was supplied with one key only. I'd like to source a spare with the transponder.

Can anyone recommend where to get a key, i'm happy to buy online if I had advice as to how to order the correct key. The listings on US website bikebandit.com appear to not have a transponder key.

I haven't priced genuine yet, any tips would be appreciated.

2nd childhood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Odd, my 2007 FZ6 doesn't have a transponder in the key. I just took the key to a regular locksmith place and he made me two spares.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Odd, my 2007 FZ6 doesn't have a transponder in the key. I just took the key to a regular locksmith place and he made me two spares.
Probably your bike is a made for US bike and Ian's is a Euro bike with an immobilizer . :)

Sent from Moto's Motorola

Last edited:

IanHoots

Reaction score
Visit site
Probably your bike is a made for US bike and Ian's is a Euro bike with an immobilizer . :)

Sent from Moto's Motorola

Yes, that's right, mine is a Euro spec bike with immobiliser. The non-chip key is quite common and can be picked up anywhere, however the chip key is rare outside of a dealer.

The chip keys part no is: 5SL-82511-08

I was hoping that someone on here knew where to buy the chip seprately and it could be inserted into the standard key. The chips have an annoying tendancy to fall out if not glued in carefully. I'm surprised that an FZ6 owner would not have tracked down a R1 key or something similar that is compatible. That happens all the time in car keys