Anyone up for a SaddleSore 1000 this summer?

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Im planning on doing a SS1000 this summer, - in June or July, and just wanted to check out if anyone else is up for it to?

A SS1000 is 1600 km done in 24 hours, - so the route cross a few borders. The plan is to start and end near Aalborg, but the route is not fixed yet.

Once again, - just posting to check out if anyone else would be interested in participating :)

ptastuart

Reaction score
Visit site
1600km should be no problem for the fazer.

I did 1460km in 13 hours a few times now.

I think the only problem is rider fitness and planning all your fuel stops properly.

Good Luck!:thumbup:

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
1st draft of the Route (Total 1.637 km – approx. 14 hours 42 min.):

attachment.php

Start and ending at "Himmerlands Tanken, near exit 32 on the E45". (The map shows a "J" on the start/end point).

Most of the route is on Motorway/Autobahn.
E or F could be used as a "longer break".
Gas is available every 260Km (approximately).

Comments are welcome.

Last edited:

furio

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, my name is Furio, and I am planning to do a saddlesore too this summer, in the first week of july, it will be doing it around germany, trying to complete. The ss1000 first and then going. For theSS 1500 the next day.
My concern is regarding finding a witness for the start in Germany, around Frankfurt area in a 100 miles radius, that can testify for my start and an end witness around Bruxells (100miles radius) area willing to testify for my end.

Any helpers willing to meet me around these aereas?

Cheerse furio

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, my name is Furio, and I am planning to do a saddlesore too this summer, in the first week of july, it will be doing it around germany, trying to complete. The ss1000 first and then going. For theSS 1500 the next day.
My concern is regarding finding a witness for the start in Germany, around Frankfurt area in a 100 miles radius, that can testify for my start and an end witness around Bruxells (100miles radius) area willing to testify for my end.

Cheerse furio

check the iba site.
you can use gas station attendants for witnesses.
or even a local police station.
good luck!

Sleek05

Reaction score
Visit site
Cheerse furio

Hi Furio,
I'd be happy to help if I'm in the area when you arrive in Brussels. However it is true that you can use any other kind of official - gas station, bike-store employee, police. I used a gas station attendant to certify my SS1000.
Cheers!

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
So,- the date have been set!!!

It will be on friday (The 4th of june 2010).
The route have been tweaked a bit, - final mapping: Himmerland Vest til Himmerland Øst - Google Maps

Got my witness-forms, my logbook, the bike in mint condition, insurance and AAA sorted, and my packing list is just about done.

If anyone have some inputs for the packing list feel free to kick in :)