Average height of a FZ6 rider

Wildblu

Reaction score
Visit site
I am 6'1" and ride an 08 FZ6 and not long ago a friend said the biked look small for my size. This made me a little self conscience when I ride the bike so out of curiousity what is the average height of an fz6 rider?

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
6'1" as well. The FZ6 feels fine. To me, motorcycles should be on the small side. I really don't understand why anyone would want to ride a huge, heavy thing. I want to "ride" my machine, not just sit on it.

Tim

Pickax

Fasta Bloo... and Black
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a shorty (5'7") and the bike feels just slightly big. I can touch my feet down on both sides pretty well but if the road is canted a little it can get dicey. I like the overall feel while riding though, it fits my upper body very well.

I notice most people look big compared to their motorcycle. You taller folks might, but it's nothing to worry about. My guess is I look small compared to mine.

Last edited:

gjpollman

Reaction score
Visit site
Got my bike 2 weeks ago and had nothing but compliments and Im 6'1 so I guess I dont look to big for it... beleive me with my coworkers they would take any chance they could to crack jokes too.

Jez

Reaction score
Visit site
5'10" and it fits exactly, but if I was any shorter I might struggle a bit. I think it's quite a tall bike generally, similar in physical dimensions to many 1000's.

I've got a mate who is about 6'2" with an SV650. His bike looks tiny compared to the FZ6.

scoobydrvr

Reaction score
Visit site
6'2", bike feels just fine to me. However, I also look big on the bike. Saw myself in a reflection on an FJR and realized what people were talking about (looked perfectly natural on that one).

Here's something for juxtaposition: I let my dad (6'6") ride my buddy's Ninja 250R (the new one) and he even thought he looked like a guerrilla on a tricycle.