badlands trip

macem29

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
planning a trip for next spring/early summer....starting off in the Michigan UP,
west through Wisconsin and Minnesota, south through the Dakotas and into
Nebraska and into Colorado, then back up through Utah and Wyoming, anyone
here ever done anything like that? any advice about thing to see, wanna join
for some miles? I'll be camping for most of it...should be the final chapter in
my mid-life crisis, or maybe just the beginning...

rickvan67

Junior Cheeseburger
Reaction score
Visit site
My family and I did the South Dakota thing last summer. Don't miss the usual tourist stuff, Mt Rushmore, Badlands, Custer State Park. In Colorado shoot for Great Sand Dunes National Monument, Rocky Mountain National Park, and Mesa Verde. Wyoming don't miss Devils Tower and of course Yellowstone. Utah try to see Moab and Arches National Park. Nebraska...hmmmm, you got me there.

Too much to see, it all depends on how many miles you want to put on!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
When it comes to the states, I've pretty much been everywhere, including the Badlands and Mount Rushmore.

As I recalled, Mt. Rushmore was not as great as what everybody had said it would be. Just make sure you're on the correct side.

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Let me know when you're rolling through, I'll try and meet up. I have tons of places you would love to ride in Utah, just let me know what you're looking for. Colorado and Utah have a lot of mountain passes/canyons as well as some of the world's most amazing desert-scapes.
Depending on the time of year, the mountain passes may not be open yet, and a lot of roads are closed until May, sometimes June.