Baffles out on Leo Vince

chucknorris

Reaction score
Visit site
Me and my buddy put a new tire and back brakes on his Vmax last night then we decided to remove the baffles out of my Leo's for the hell of it!! Holy crap it sounds mean!!! It was to late to rip up and down the street but I left them out for a test when I get home from work today... Who has theirs left out and do you find them too loud around town??

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
i find mine pretty loud with them in, they definitely get more attention when they are out. Cars magically start moving over to let you past :)

My neighbour commented that she know's it's time to get up when they hear my bike in the morning (at 10am!), so I try not to be too obnoxious with them

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I left the baffles out when I just installed LV and went for a 15 minute test ride (WITH ear plugs). Found them way too loud.. to the point where my ears actually hurt (I did take it to red line). :don'tknow:

Put baffles back in and kept them in till I sold the bike. (Guess I'm old :rolleyes: )

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
I ride without the dB-killers in my LV's and absolutely love it.
It did however make the idling a bit lumpier (until I did a TB sync).
When cruising around 40-50 km/h (so, within the city limits), it can make some "irritating" rumble at 3-4k rpms, when in very small streets (with the houses right at the side of the street). If possible, I either shift up or down (asthe traffic allows) to get out that rev zone.
The only time when I put the dB killers back in, is when doing track days with quite low dB demands and when riding in Germany....
The police over there doesn't love the beautiful soud of the FZ6 without dB-killers :rolleyes:

Grtz,

Degake

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk HD

chucknorris

Reaction score
Visit site
Got out this evening for a ride with the db killers out.....sounded great,not really too loud but a little deeper tone the with the db killers in.i think I will keep them out for a little while,see if I get to much drooning.it seems the drooning is between 3-5 rpm's .but I hope too be going faster....

Sdotterer014

Reaction score
Visit site
I put my Leo's on two weeks ago and removed the db killers right off the bat. Love the sound and don't find it too loud at all. I really don't think I disturb any neighbors either. I don't get on it too hard, but imo it's not that loud in general.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone know how often the LV are supposed to be repacked? TB's says 30 hours!!! THIRTY HOURS!!!!

Better stock up on rivets!

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone know how often the LV are supposed to be repacked? TB's says 30 hours!!! THIRTY HOURS!!!!

Better stock up on rivets!

Really? I've had mine on for ages now. Easily 400+ hours. (figuring 7 months a year, riding 2 days a week to work and taking 5 'long' cruises a summer - so very conservative) I have never repacked or felt the need to repack them.

I rode DB's out for about a week and then put them back in. Too loud for me. Louder than my Scorpions on the other bike. With the DBs in the volume is @ 1/2 way between the scorps and stock. Just about perfect for me.

mylo

mylo
Reaction score
Visit site
what do you mean by repacked ?

ive never had mine out but not had them fitted that long - has anyone tried it with one in and one out ? or is that pointless :Flash:

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
Apparently exhausts have a running life. After a while the material inside the can breaks down and needs to be changed. I don't think many people actually do it.

I have never taken the baffles out either, IMO they are already very loud with the baffles in, and i really don't want to be that guy, that everybody looks at thinking "idiot on his loud bike!"
In town at low RPM they have a very loud rumble, and once you start revving things they are very loud even though you can't really hear it on the bike.

I mean, listen to that, (with db killers) would you want to be louder? You can hear this thing a mile away!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F37or8Tvbl4]FZ6 Leo Vince - YouTube[/ame]

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I installed the Leo Vince exhaust a couple of years ago, after that I've never touched them again.
I run it with the DB killers and my girlfriend tells me she can hear the bike reasonably far from the house (at the end of the street).

I made this video, when installing them, with the intention to compare looks and sounds: stock, LV with and without DB killers (what I missed was setting up the camera stationary for drive by recordings, to hear the different sound levels a person standing on the street would hear when the bike is approaching and passing) :
http://youtu.be/Dnxo6m0GAc0

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my bike last year with LV cans installed, with no baffles. There is a loud drone at 3k and lesser so at 6k. Putting around town at 30mph in 3rd gear is right at the 3k rpm mark, so I either kick it down to 2nd gear or drive over the limit a bit in 3rd.

03636rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently installed the Leo V Evo II carbon and just run the db killers out. I don't think its loud at all. I am used to riding my supermoto that has a Yoshi Full system on it, easily one of the loudest bikes I have heard.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't have the LV's but open Scorps without the DB killers.

I don't find them not too loud for regular riding and with the extra sound, find myself MOST of the time, closer to the speed limit as it sounds faster than your actually going...

it does get considerably louder with the higher RPM's (sounds like a liter, go fast bike IMHO).. :thumbup:

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
I took one of my baffles out once to use on my track bike, forgot to put it back in for a couple of days. Didn't actually notice any difference in noise, though it may have been louder and I was probably wearing earplugs.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have my baffles out and love it. Not to loud at all but then again I have rock and roll ears which are not too good any more. Leos don't have any packing at all. Just tubes stuffed down there throat. :D