Battery capacity question

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
I need to buy a new battery for my Virago Xv250 soon. Original battery is a 11AH Yuasa lead acid battery. Link below.

Yuasa Batteries - Search Result

I want to try Motobatt brand AGM battery this time, but when i search their website with my bike model, recommended battery is 14Ah, there is also a 11Ah Motobatt battery that can seems to fit, and it's lighter and also cheaper. Does it matter if i buy the 11Ah battery ?

Here is the link:

Search - MBTX9U

ozgurakman

Özgür Akman
Reaction score
Visit site
If you can afford and if the dimensions are same, bigger battery would be a better option. But you should keep it fully charged because if bigger battery needs charge, your bike's electrical system (essipecialy regulator / rectefier) will get too much stressed.

Also, my friend used to use that branded battery. A fine selection for price / performance.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Look at the Cold Cranking Amps (CCA).... Although some batteries can have a higher amp hour capacity (Ah), some may have less CCA than than the OEM battery... read the fine print and make sure both Ah and CCA meet the needs of the vehicle.

I know there is a Yuasa for the FZ that is a 12Ah but has less CCA than the 10Ah battery.... IIRC fz wants 220cca.

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought Motobatt battery last month but today while riding back home, i suspected a strange noise coming from exhaust, like knocking lost the power at high rpm and, fortunately i reached home, then stopped the engine and tried to restart it and the battery was death. So i took the seat out to reach the battery and found out that stator plug has burned. One of the wires going to stator plug was also broke. (Plug between stator an regulator/rectifier)

I don't know how this happened. I suspect Motobatt's wire plugs, it looked a little bit loose on the red wire. May be that was the cause, but i'll back order the battery if i can.

I directly plugged the wires each other, put the old battery that i've charged before and it fired right away. Gave some throttle with headlight on and watched the light increasing with high rpm, i guess this means everything works ok.

_MG_9720.jpg

Last edited: