Best exhaust for 2006 Fz6

pfax

Reaction score
Visit site
I’ve been looking for a while on which exhaust to get for my fz6 and they’re all upwards of $1000 each. I just ordered a set of Arrow Exhaust off of Revzilla for 850 then I came across Delkevics for 400. Anyone have experience with these two brands or any other? I’m determining whether to cancel my revzilla order and buy a cheaper set

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Our bikes are old enough now that the choices are limited. I had Delkevics on my SV650. They were inexpensive and they do what you want them to do...make the bike louder. In my opinion, the Delkevics are a bit obnoxious. I'm not familiar with Arrow Exhaust, but if the kit comes with a license plate holder/fender eliminator - than that's a plus. When you buy Delkevics you get the cans only. Since this is an underseat exhaust, fitment is more a concern then almost any other criteria. There's just no extra room to make things fit.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If I change out the exhaust with a Scorpion or other and install a cat del pipe do I need to install a Power Commander or have the bike dyno tuned?

I just installed OPEN Scorps, left the cat in, and the bike runs super smooth, smooth idle, NO issues(No PC).

With that said, a cat delete pipe will make it louder and you will likely have a lopy idle, possible light back-firing on de-cel.

IMO, the open Scorps are plenty loud enough and the ECU is able to adjust to those alone. I couldn't tolerate it any louder. The Scorps seem to me to have gotten louder over time, that or I'm just a little more sensitive to them (been installed about 10 years).

Ital

Reaction score
Visit site
I got these and I love the way they sound. I got them from my yamaha dealer. There is also a mod you can do where you can adjust the fueling from the main dash board. You should be able search the forum for it.