Bi-Xenon projector with angel eye installed

Gozilla

Reaction score
Visit site
Finally completed my Bi-xenon projector mod with angel eye on my 2006 FZ6 after 2 weeks.

I believe this kit is a wonderful option for those who wants headlights mod.

Both the H4 and H7 projectors use the shield inside the projector to make hi/lo beam, not the bi-xenon bulb.

Good thing is: it looks awesome and fits factory reflectors perfectly! That's right, you don't need to mod them at all ! It's plug and play !

Bad thing is: this xenon kit comes in pair of projectors with same socket. That means you have to buy one H4 kit and one H7 kit !

I bought these kits from ebay. Ebay Link

I'll let the pics say:

Projectors, one with H7 socket(left) and one with H4 socket(right)
3479200953_a9ba60231c.jpg

Plug the projector throught factory reflector without mod - it's originally designed for H4 / H7 socket
3480008836_d376a96362.jpg

both projectors installed
3480009016_696641edc5.jpg

Ballast and relay mounted
3451108074_099189ed0a.jpg

angel eyes on with parking lights when switch on the power
3479201361_0b6eff48b7.jpg

low beam
3480009390_ee4870e0bd.jpg

high beam
3480009574_64f9cf371d.jpg

Road test
3498672461_7a0a29ccc6.jpg

3498672601_6522cc4646.jpg

I had my mod done and have spare pair of projectors. I've posted them on ebay. Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130303764957

Let me know if u have any questions :thumbup:

Last edited:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
This is cool.

Just so I understand, these projector units are 'plug & play'? You don't need to mod anything in the headlight housing or remove the headlight lenses on the bike? They jsut plug into the bulb socket on the bike?

Couldn't you remove the H7 socket and re-wire and replace it with an H4 socket so you can have the 2nd projector?

Sorry, not overly familiar with projector units. I thought you had to crack open the whole headlight assembly and do major modification?

Also where did you get these from and how much?

Thanks!

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
That is a great cutoff on the lowbeams! Nice lighting.
As far as I know, there is no way to "plug-and-play" a unit like this without opening the housing. It's way too big to fit in through the bulb hole. I haven't tried the Fizzer, but most headlight units are pretty esay to open, then it would just be dremeling a good seat for the new projector....

Get that H4 side in. There is some good info on this site about how to do so.

Now tell us where you got them from!

Gozilla

Reaction score
Visit site
This is cool.

Just so I understand, these projector units are 'plug & play'? You don't need to mod anything in the headlight housing or remove the headlight lenses on the bike? They jsut plug into the bulb socket on the bike?

Couldn't you remove the H7 socket and re-wire and replace it with an H4 socket so you can have the 2nd projector?

Sorry, not overly familiar with projector units. I thought you had to crack open the whole headlight assembly and do major modification?

Also where did you get these from and how much?

Thanks!

Well, what I've done is open the housing and replace the H4 halogen bulb with the projector.

The projectors I bought can only fit H4 but the seller said they also have projectors for H7 or other kinds.

The hole on the reflector for the H7 is smaller than the H4 and u cant just plug the projector without cracking the reflector.

I open the housing using a hot air gun and it took me 2 hours to assemble the projector and connect all the wires.

The kit came from ebay and cost me 280 AUD, about 200 USD, together with two ballasts.

So I'm still thinking buying another kit with H7 socket.

Gozilla

Reaction score
Visit site
That is a great cutoff on the lowbeams! Nice lighting.
As far as I know, there is no way to "plug-and-play" a unit like this without opening the housing. It's way too big to fit in through the bulb hole. I haven't tried the Fizzer, but most headlight units are pretty esay to open, then it would just be dremeling a good seat for the new projector....

Get that H4 side in. There is some good info on this site about how to do so.

Now tell us where you got them from!

You r right. The projectors are too big through the bulb hole. But only 15 mins to open the housing so dont hesitate :D

I'm thinking to crack the reflector or to buy another kit. I'll search the forum 1st for how to.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Do you think using a Dremel rotary tool to cut the hole bigger in the reflector would crack it? Insn't the reflector just coated plastic?

Heck you got the pojectors that now don't even use the reflector portion...I'd paint the reflector balck! If it cracks, glue it up, sand it and paint it! Might even look 'cooler' with it blacked out!

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Sorry another question.

Are the angel eyes always on, or can they be switched to turn on independant of the projector main light? So you could just have angel eyes and no main light.

Gozilla

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry another question.

Are the angel eyes always on, or can they be switched to turn on independant of the projector main light? So you could just have angel eyes and no main light.

The angel eye and the xenon bulb in the projector are seperated powered. I connect the angel eye to auxiliary light bulb wire and the xenon bulb to the ballast.

According to Australian laws, the motorcycle headlights are always on after the engine's started and you can't turn them off. So yes, it'll always on in Australia.

I don't know what's in US. But if you can turn off the main lights, then you can have only angels eyes on.

Gozilla

Reaction score
Visit site
OK guys, bad news for me.

The projector is using H4 socket and can not be modified. And I don't want to mod the bulb hole either, which may crack the reflector and can not be recovered.

I've ordered an extra kit with H7 socket from the same seller on EBAY. And now I have 2 projectors with H4 socket and 2 projectors with H7 socket.

I'll post new pics once the new projectors are delivered and assembled.

3450291045_6674c53455.jpg

3450291355_364ee76b67.jpg

Last edited:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
that looks AWESOME. can you link to just the projector? next time i have tons of extra cash (my way of saying i want to but will never be able to) i will be doing this...

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Very cool mod. I did a custom job similar to this using R6 projectors and it was my favorite mod by far.

I wonder if you could contact the seller to see if he/she would send one H4 and one H7 kit for our bikes.

Just to clarify:
Does the projector ONLY mount via the bulb opening in the reflector? Or does it need additional mounting points drilled?

Gozilla

Reaction score
Visit site
Very cool mod. I did a custom job similar to this using R6 projectors and it was my favorite mod by far.

I wonder if you could contact the seller to see if he/she would send one H4 and one H7 kit for our bikes.

Just to clarify:
Does the projector ONLY mount via the bulb opening in the reflector? Or does it need additional mounting points drilled?

Already did but the answer is NO :(

But I'd love to sell the redundant projectors, one H4 and one H7, so the buyer could assemble himself another mod like me :rockon:

The answer to your question is YES.
The projector has exactly the same socket as H4 bulb. Which means it can only be mounted via the hole in the reflector, just like the bulb! And that's why I can't mod the H7 bulb hole and need the particular H7 projector! :(

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Can you take a picture of the actual light output from your bike? I would love to see how it looks right now with the two different setups.

Gozilla

Reaction score
Visit site
Can you take a picture of the actual light output from your bike? I would love to see how it looks right now with the two different setups.

OK, pics !! :D

Lights on
3451669295_0894455dcc.jpg

Low beam!
3452480866_032eb663f9.jpg

High beam!
3451668937_03f15fdd13.jpg

The light looks blue due to the color of the fence(its green blue).:D The xenon bulb is actually 6000k diamond white.

These pics were shot right after the lights were turned on. Xenon bulbs need few minutes to reach max output. No need to doubt :D

I'll adjust them later when both projectors are installed.

Last edited: