Blown rear suspension

Cocoloco

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Good day everyone
I blew my old rear suspension im looking for a replacement
I was wondering if the rear suspension from 2009-2016 fz6r will work for fz6 s1
I cant afford aftermarket rear suspension right now.
Thinking of buying used rear suspension from later bike

IMG_20221128_214935.jpg

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Unfortunately no, they use a different mounting configuration (bushings). The OEM shock has a fully extended length of 12-7/8" (327mm). If you do a search in the forum you'll see that others have been able to adapt other shocks to the FZ6. If you find an alternative shock from another bike that has the correct length and bushing/mounting configuration, be sure to re-use your OEM spring. I say that because the FZ6 uses a direct linkage, whereas an alternative shock may have been off a bike that used a rising rate linkage.

Cocoloco

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Unfortunately no, they use a different mounting configuration (bushings). The OEM shock has a fully extended length of 12-7/8" (327mm). If you do a search in the forum you'll see that others have been able to adapt other shocks to the FZ6. If you find an alternative shock from another bike that has the correct length and bushing/mounting configuration, be sure to re-use your OEM spring. I say that because the FZ6 uses a direct linkage, whereas an alternative shock may have been off a bike that used a rising rate linkage.
Thanks gary.
Im going to save the trouble i might buy a used one that's exact for for the bike