Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think it will be a distraction instead of an aid, and the price of these things could cost more than the bike itself .eek

Here's another "smart helmet" this time from Bell, it doesn't have a HUD but it has a 360 camera that has "collision avoidance" ????
Bell video camera helmet

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I guess "Defensive driving" is becoming a thing of the past.

Folks should be looking way ahead, stay out of blind spots, etc ("ride as if invisible"). I don't need a heads up screen to show me a speed limit sign that I can see with the other eye, duh...

Just to add, specifically for "two wheels", "heads up" WON'T warn you of sand, debris in a hard corner you going into, (and other hazards).
Using your noggin and riding accordingly will keep you on two wheels...

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I guess "Defensive driving" is becoming a thing of the past.

Folks should be looking way ahead, stay out of blind spots, etc ("ride as if invisible"). I don't need a heads up screen to show me a speed limit sign that I can see with the other eye, duh...

Just to add, specifically for "two wheels", "heads up" WON'T warn you of sand, debris in a hard corner you going into, (and other hazards).
Using your noggin and riding accordingly will keep you on two wheels...

I agree, riding safely has to do with prior planning and that way you shouldn't need these "warnings", I do think there will be a market for helmets with built in camera's though, especially when you see how many people are using camera's on bikes these days.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
A built in camera could come in very handy, but I try to keep myself out of those situations to start with.

Now, someone blowing a cross street RED LIGHT, while I have a green light would certainly be welcomed and VERY useful.