boats.net

gottherim4

Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered $10 worth of parts last week. I emailed them 3 days later, before they shipped, to change a part. I was told the order does not exist. I provided the exact confirmation email and they still said they dont have the order. My money has already been taken through paypal and I am working on getting it back. Terrible experience, slow to respond.

Bruno-XJ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I had a terrible experience with them too... Just like you, it was a cheap purshase and a lot of hassle to get my little money back...

Last edited:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my boat cover thru them and had no problem....maybe you have to spend $300 or more to get better service:BLAA:

Reaction score
Visit site
Their sister-company, Partzilla is a real gem also. I ordered genuine Yammy bulbs, and they sent China crap.
After a few emails back & forth, they showed no interest in my claim, yet wished me a "nice weekend"..
Wtf is that? If this were a larger order, or something important, I'd have filed a complaint with CC company..

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've found Partzilla to be outstanding. During my XV920R restoration project I've placed about 20 orders, spent about $2, 000. All of the parts I've received are genuine Yamaha. Typically my order is at my doorstep in 7 days. I've saved about 30% vs. other Yamaha retailers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

nthdegreeburns

Reaction score
Visit site
Just TRIED to order caliper seals for my 2007 FZ6 from their parent company, Partzilla, and they...
  • Didn't have the current Yamaha parts numbers in their online e-commerce system
  • Couldn't take a phone order
  • Tried to get me to buy half of what I needed and wait for them to update their e-commerce system
  • Put me on hold for 20 minutes to NOT take said phone order

No thanks.

Karate.Snoopy

Reaction score
Visit site
I had ordered the FZ1 bars through them, they took the payment but sent the package without the shipment payment. The post guy asked me to pay for the shipment, I was irked got in touch with boats.net, they promptly resolved the issue by making the payment to USPS.
I felt positively about their customer service but a bit baffled by their shipment department.

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
I just ordered 2 orders with them (partzilla side of them), one being $1100 and the other $910. One of the orders turned up fine and everything was correct. The other had about 10 items missing so that was over $200 worth. I emailed them and got a reply saying the supervisor was going to have a look. Haven't heard back yet. That was almost 2 weeks ago. I have emailed again and await a reply.

gottherim4

Reaction score
Visit site
Update to my original issue. So after 2 weeks I received a refund and purchased parts elsewhere. Then about a week and a half later I received my original order. I only ordered two bolts so I didn't bother with trying to return them. Just strange and bad experience all around. Clearly they are not consistent, some have had no problems with them.

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
Just received some of the parts in the post. But not all that were missing from the first order. It's realy starting to p!ss me off! Rebuilding an atv for a local farmer and waiting for the missing parts to do any of it (the parts missing are smack bag in the middle of the bottom end) it would be done if the parts turned up like they should have. Insted it's going to take over 2 months longer then it should! Not happy with partzilla. Great prices. Crappy parts pickers!

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
I finally got a response about the missing parts.

They want me to send then all back (from Australia) so they can have a look and send the missing parts to me. All because it was almost a month between my order and telling them things were missing. They must not have thought postage takes a bit longer for international. If they want me to send all the parts back it will cost me more in post then the parts are worth that are missing!

At this point partzilla can go and eat a d!ck!

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered an FZ1 bar from them shipped to the UK. The next day i sent an email to cancel the order as i had finally found a seller in the UK that had the same price. (everybody here is trying to sell you the bar 90 dollars!).

They answered very quickly, but unfortunately the order had already shipped and could not be cancelled.

I received the bar a few days later, it was well packed, and everything was fine.

All in all i would say it was a good experience and i can't fault their service.

PS: i tried calling them a couple times, and it was impossible to talk to someone. It's like they don't answer the phone!

Last edited:

guywithFX

Reaction score
Visit site
Just ordered about 70 bucks worth of random OEM Yamaha parts with no issue. Good packaging especially since i ordered a fragile paper gasket.