BT-010 discontinued, now what?

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So Bridgestone have discontinued the BT-010s that I have had on my bike since replacing the stock Dunlops.

What should I get?

I do mostly commuting with the occasional long trip so I want a tyre that will give long life while still being able to handle the twisties when I get to them.

Right now I need to replace the front but the rear still has more than 50% tread, can I combine something else with the rear BT-010?

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
go for a sport-touring tyre, something like a BT-023 or a Michelin Pilot Road 4

If the compound is similar you shouldn't have any issues. I currently have a PR4 on the front and a BT023 on the rear.

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Michelins NO doubt.

I've had the 2's and one 3 on the rear. The 2 lasted approx 16,000 on the front( way more than the OEM tires)

I prefer it over the 3, less grooves to cup when wearing.

The 3 on the rear, so far ok but that too has lots of grooves..

You couldn't give me a Bridgestone for a MC..

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
go for a sport-touring tyre, something like a BR-023 or a Michelin Pilot Road 4

If the compound is similar you shouldn't have any issues. I currently have a PR4 on the front and a BT023 on the rear.

How do I find out about the compound? Tyres are expensive here I don't want to chuck the rear if I don't have to.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I think Jerry has (T30). Jblk IIRC not impressed on the Tiger.

Stones don't seem to last too long. About 8000 on a rear BT023 and 5 - 6 from 016Pro... But here in the woods I wear the sides off discarding the center.

Great tires for grip, traction, predictable, good feel, good transition but short life. Which Im ok w/new tires every year...

fate

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a pilot road 3 currently and will probably get Road 4 next...

pretty happy actually

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
yep the bt23 is no more, they didn't last quite as long as I thought maybe on the wifes fz but they seemed to do well overall and both front and rear wore even.. wanted to get the PR4 but was short on funds when they were do and several here had recommended them so I figured for the price I would let her give them a try and got 009 shinko raven's at $150 for the pair

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm using the T30 on the rear of my SV1000s. I tried the Bstone S20 as it was supposed to be better than the BT-016 pro but it wasn't. I would usually wear out 2 rears to 1 front. I will continue using S20 on the front as it's done a better job on the front than the BT-016 pro. The T30 has worn much better than the S20 or BT-016 on the rear so I'm happy with the wear. The performance of the T30 had been surprisingly good as far as grip with very even wear for me. I would think different widths on different bikes with difference riding will yield different results and experiences with tires. Keep an eye out for recent manufacture dates on your tires when you purchase them.

Last edited:

major tom

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes I have experience with the T-30. Be aware it has the stiffest tire bead of anything I've ever seen and I was a pro M/C wrench. Takes two people on a Snap-On tire changing tool. Too soon to comment on wear. It replaced a BT-023 which had very poor grip until it warms up, other wise no issue.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The S20 had to be the flimsiest carcass I've had up front. Didnt care for it destroyed it in 3500 miles leaving tread up the middle and none on the sides. It looked like a needle when I took it off.

Much better ride quality from the 16Pro and twice the life.

Those who have ran the T30 up front; more details please...

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So I did some research and the pricing is remarkably similar. All prices fitted in USD

Pirelli Angel GT combo: $241.09
Metzeler Z8 combo: $250.24
Michelin Pilot Road 4 combo: $234.41

Just a question on sizing though, I see in the manual the front is 58W and the rear is 73W but the Metzeler page has E, F and M next to the (58W) and C, F, K, M, O next to the (73W)..... wtf???

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
So I did some research and the pricing is remarkably similar. All prices fitted in USD

Pirelli Angel GT combo: $241.09
Metzeler Z8 combo: $250.24
Michelin Pilot Road 4 combo: $234.41

Just a question on sizing though, I see in the manual the front is 58W and the rear is 73W but the Metzeler page has E, F and M next to the (58W) and C, F, K, M, O next to the (73W)..... wtf???

Motorcycle Tire Guide 101 and FAQ - RevZilla
Please use this guide to understand.

BTW, I have PR3 on front, less than 1500 miles; PR4 on rear, 7k (still looks brand new).
PR2, 3, or 4; whichever you find cheaper, it is a best bet.

I remember doing some calculations in this forum some time ago.
PR4 combo: 235+ 100 [50$ each for tire mounting (let us assume, you're not doing it yourself)] comes for 15k miles, depending upon your riding style.
Now, I had a Shrinko before: 160 + 100$, comes 5-6k miles;
Now, you know the math, saving on the long run and 100% satisfaction, increase mpg, and confidence.

Good luck.