Calgary 2010 Motorcycle Show

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
So the past friday, myself, my girl and my dad spent 4 hours drooling at the motorcycle show! Best $20 I have spent so far this year. We were looking a lot for a first bike for my girl, and a second bike for the dad. Anyways, a quick recap!

The Enfields had a rather large display set up, trying to promote them being back in Canada. I believe they brought 8 bikes and one side car. Yamaha had nothing of the new Tenere or FZ8 anywhere, and asking of them people played dumb... but came with at least one of every 2010 model to sit on. Kawasaki had the new Z1000 set up but had four 250 ninjas and two of each 650 model, trying to make the push for beginners.

Honda had the new VFR, but you could only look at it. Still isn't as nice as the one it replaces. Also seemed to be pushing the CB125R as they had three modded ones and about 4 on the floor. Suzuki didn't bring many bikes it seemed (no busa to even sit on!!), but tried to show off the SV650F this year and the GSX650F. KTM had the RC8 and RC8R (drool), BMW had the new S1000 (most painful seating award) and a bunch of stuff to go with it.

Triumph was a big disappointment as they relied on the dealer here to do the show for them (aprilia/moto guzzi has just switched distributors so very few bikes out there but same problem). Ducati had no new multistrada and the focal point was a taped off and high security box containing the $49,999 1198R Corsa.

Some new booths this year included Arai and a goggle/riding glasses one, but many were the typical harley crowd with the leathers and the studs. Classic bikes had some drool worthy ones, including a 1978 RD400 with 5000 original kms. Jason Britton was there (host of superbikes on speed) and the freestyle was as usual. A great show, even better then last years, and was aimed to the new riders heavily by each brand.

I got pictures, will load some tomorrow if requested. Any other questions, feel free to ask!