Call of Duty MWF3 !!! in my hand !!

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ditto.

I own every, and I mean every, Call of Duty for the PC. But sometimes I just want the BF immersion with vehicles, etc. the new Frostbite engine is great; everything blows up. I'll sit out on MW3 until they redo their physics engine, then I'll get back on board.

In the meantime, I'll be happily straffing fools with my attack chopper.

Scorp

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

You know I play for the Team Work and C.O.D. MWF3 put's it's main attention toward it rewarding player's now for being support and specailist's,i'm hooked like a fish on a line !! :rockon: :rockon:

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a huge fan of CoD, but i fear activision put they're crappy foot forward at a bad time... BF3 is actually a decent game as hard as it is to admit. A month ago i thought EA would never pass IW but with mw3 I think that view may have changed.

Ok to my points...
-Played for a couple of days now-

Pros!
-i like that they stuck to alot of mw2's roots and added in some black ops stuff

-hmm....wait for it... ahh! Campaigns still good!!!

-(struggling here, and keep in mind i'm prolly the biggest CoD fan in the world) err some of the new killstreaks are neat? not that i ever get to use them b/c i blow :D But getting shot by a robot with a gun on it is a neat to way to get my arse pummeled :rolleyes:

-Liking the weapon lvl up system and how you can put specific "mini perks" into your weapon like kick focus, etc...

Cons (unfortunately, the easy part)

-MAPS!!!!!!!!!!! they're all the same! urban combat.... what were IW thinking!?!?!! "hey we've got 10 urban maps.... lets make 4 more so 14 of our 16 maps are identical!"

-IMO, it seems like they rushed the multiplayer to meet a deadline... nothing you can put your finger on but things like theres secret little spots in mod 2 that you can wedge yourself into, (highrise scaffolding etc) and you can (press a to get on top of this) onto everything in mod 2... in 3 you can literally climn onto nothing unless it puts you into a position where you WILL be noticed and shot in the face...

-This strike packages stuff is rubbish... i liked my killstreaks the way they were, now each side has permanent UAV basically.

- i've looked and i cannot seem to find a building that doesn't have 10000 entrances or a window to shoot out of that doesnt have another window at 90 degrees from you so you can be shot in the side of the head...good or bad, probably a matter of opinion.

-would have been nice if they had made an effort to upgrade the HUD, i like the layout, but jesus, new colors or something might show me you care IW!

-The russian guy in the beginning of TDM still says take no prisoners comrades... exactly the same voice and dialogue as mw2... nice (i wanted it similar to mw2 not a copy paste!)

IDK, am i being too harsh because i'm going thru mod 2 withdrawl? Am i failing to adapt to change, i'm not sure but the online portion of 3 doesn't sit well with me.... me and my buddy (who had just bought it) played 2 games, then said "wanna go play mod2?" lol

Black ops took a while for me to like too, but then again i liked black ops maps, which i dont have any maps that i dont find revolting in mw3.

All in all Mod 3 hasn't yet lived up to my online expectations, idk maybe i built them up too high....i was expecting an epic multiplayer experience but what i got is closer to modern warfare 1 than 2... run-shoot-die-spawn-run-shoot-die rinse repeat....

Isheetzmadrawrs on xbox live if anyone wants to play some mod 2/black ops, or try to convince me to play mw3 again :D

Jugro

Reaction score
Visit site

Activision is doing to CoD what they did to their other franchises, so unfortunately something new is not going to happen, minor tweaks aside.
A good example of Activision's strategy of rehash.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5dsOn06w1s"]Recycled Buildings[/ame]
But the engine has only been slighty tweaked since MW2 so that was expected, which is very sad when you think of the work Bethesda put into redoing and upgrading their GameBryo engine for Skyrim.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Activision is doing to CoD what they did to their other franchises, so unfortunately something new is not going to happen, minor tweaks aside.
A good example of Activision's strategy of rehash.
Recycled Buildings
But the engine has only been slighty tweaked since MW2 so that was expected, which is very sad when you think of the work Bethesda put into redoing and upgrading their GameBryo engine for Skyrim.

Thats why im not too upset, cash my check tomorrow then off to get my skyrim :thumbup:

Biggest issue for me is the maps... they aren't strategical maps... they're just run and gun maps with 1 or 2 flanking routes :(

Jugro

Reaction score
Visit site
Thats why im not too upset, cash my check tomorrow then off to get my skyrim :thumbup:

Biggest issue for me is the maps... they aren't strategical maps... they're just run and gun maps with 1 or 2 flanking routes :(

Lucky you:cheer: I have to wait until the 15th, because Amazon are morons:banghead:

Jugro

Reaction score
Visit site
Really? thought you get it day before/of the release with amazon? Almost preordered thru amazon too :eek:

Nope, they sent it yesterday. But apparently I'm not the only one, there is a guy who gave the game one star for the same reason:rolleyes:

On the positive side I saved a few euro by buying it through amazon, and I get a "improved physical map" :eyebrow: instead of the regular paper one.
If I can't wait I can always fire up Oblivion and play with my backstabbing cat:D

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Nope, they sent it yesterday. But apparently I'm not the only one, there is a guy who gave the game one star for the same reason:rolleyes:

On the positive side I saved a few euro by buying it through amazon, and I get a "improved physical map" :eyebrow: instead of the regular paper one.
If I can't wait I can always fire up Oblivion and play with my backstabbing cat:D

That stinks :( amazons always been good with stuff i've bought directly from them, wonder if they had warehousing/backorder issues...

Anyways i've been playing Oblivion with my Bosmer, shooting arrows into the enemy's face :D

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Thought i'd update...
After the hecticness of noobdom cleared out... i've come around a bit to the new one.... still hate some things though:

Maps still blow... (hardhat carbon to be specific)

takes about 3 clips to kill somone (yes extreme overexaggeration but 5 shots into somone for a kill pisses me off)

But hey i'm playing the game anyways :thumbup:

Campaign was excellent btw although now i'm depressed, if you've played the whole campaign you know why...anyways thought i'd chip in.

In other news skyrim has exceeded all expectations as i knew it would :thumbup:

falcon6123

Reaction score
Visit site
Thought i'd update...
After the hecticness of noobdom cleared out... i've come around a bit to the new one.... still hate some things though:

Maps still blow... (hardhat carbon to be specific)

takes about 3 clips to kill somone (yes extreme overexaggeration but 5 shots into somone for a kill pisses me off)

But hey i'm playing the game anyways :thumbup:

Campaign was excellent btw although now i'm depressed, if you've played the whole campaign you know why...anyways thought i'd chip in.

In other news skyrim has exceeded all expectations as i knew it would :thumbup:

I think I'm gonna pick it up. I wanna end up like Fry

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=29.144136,-81.037111

Jugro

Reaction score
Visit site
Going to chip in as well.
Finished the MW3 singleplayer last night, would say it took about 5-6 hours on Veteran. So not too long, but the story didn't seem rushed.
Nice too get an end the arc, and this time the plot was easier too follow as well. But yeah it got a bit depressing.

Things that annoyed me was that there were too many on-rails sequences and some of the stuff was way over the top, like the chase in Paris.. But that was outweighed escape from Paris.

All in all a very good experience, that made it feel like being in an action movie:thumbup:

And in other news: Skyrim has been setting on my desk all day, can't wait too get home. It is going too be a very interesting weekend :D

MoeDog

Reaction score
Visit site
well i ended passing on MW3 it didn't seem reasonable to pay for a patch :BLAA: at least not $60 maybe when the price goes down. But i did get Battlefield 3 for $40 :D anyone wana play just let me know . ps3 id moe_dog

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
well i ended passing on MW3 it didn't seem reasonable to pay for a patch :BLAA: at least not $60 maybe when the price goes down. But i did get Battlefield 3 for $40 :D anyone wana play just let me know . ps3 id moe_dog

Good call... it is just a patch (and a sh1tty one at that).... so today on 3 different occasion i knifed a kid-the "hit" cursor came up and they turned around and shanked me.... awesome... also... stuck a kid with a semtex... no kill.... awesome.... let's friggen strap a semtex to the ceo of infinity ward and see if he survives! or shoot him 6 times and see if hes still living!
They've made CoD a fantasy land where reality is prohibited....playing mod 2 in the mean time.... then skyrim when friends arent online

mduhon

Reaction score
Visit site
I got the hardened edition at midnight when it came out! I tried bf3 and the controls were clunky, graphics not great, and game play was pitiful. So that's why I ended up with MW3 and love it! the campaign felt decently long and provides some challenging portions. The special ops are lots of fun and the new weapon leveling system is a new refreshing touch to multiplayer.:Flash:

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
I got the hardened edition at midnight when it came out! I tried bf3 and the controls were clunky, graphics not great, and game play was pitiful. So that's why I ended up with MW3 and love it! the campaign felt decently long and provides some challenging portions. The special ops are lots of fun and the new weapon leveling system is a new refreshing touch to multiplayer.:Flash:
I like the weapon leveling, hate the maps, hate how pretty much every gun is the same (ie cm109 pretty much same as m4a1 etc) Hate how you MUST shoot somone 5 times to kill them, unless you hit them in the knee which somehow gets you a headshot... Hate how knifes no longer kill people 100% of the time (IW fail- thats what they get for not putting effort into their franchise)
Theres alot of stuff that needs to be patched... and until then i'll be slaying dragons in skyrim or playing S&D in mod 2...

Clovis

Reaction score
Visit site
I enjoyed the story line of MW3. I have MW1 and 2 loaded on my computer... its tempting to go back and play from the start.

The real shame with MW3 is the multiplayer though. Peer to peer sucks and no dedicated servers means lag and lots of people using hacks/cheats.

Every game that I play there's at least 1-2 people being blatant with an aimbot but around 1/3 of the people in every game are using ESP or aimbot with "human aim" turned on. Basically it allows you to see through walls and swivels the gun to your target "slowly" as opposed to snapping and making it obvious.

Not to mention the whole level 80s on day 1.... yeah....

Multiplayer feels just like MW2 which had the exact same problems.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
I enjoyed the story line of MW3. I have MW1 and 2 loaded on my computer... its tempting to go back and play from the start.

The real shame with MW3 is the multiplayer though. Peer to peer sucks and no dedicated servers means lag and lots of people using hacks/cheats.

Every game that I play there's at least 1-2 people being blatant with an aimbot but around 1/3 of the people in every game are using ESP or aimbot with "human aim" turned on. Basically it allows you to see through walls and swivels the gun to your target "slowly" as opposed to snapping and making it obvious.

Not to mention the whole level 80s on day 1.... yeah....

Multiplayer feels just like MW2 which had the exact same problems.

I'm still not 80 :( hit 76 today, skyrims been a bit of a deterrent, friend is only 2nd prestiged though