Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm hoping that someone can help me out, I have just ordered a Tracer with a rack (standaard from the accessories page).

I was wondering if any one had any experience of mounting another plate or using some kind of adaptor to make a (FZ6) yamaha top box fit it.

This is the rack I have on the FZ6:

rack.jpg

This is the plate when removed from the rack:

Plaat 2.jpg

This is my topbox:

Topbox.jpg

And this is the Tracer rack as supplied by Yamaha:

rack klein.jpg

I realise this is more a topic for the FZ09 site, but I haven't had a response there yet so hopefully the FZ6 community can help :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers :)

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It looks like that picture of the assembly has a top case bracket mounted to it. I can't imagine they wouldn't make it so that it facilitates other brand top case assemblies.

And by the way..Congratulations!

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It looks like that picture of the assembly has a top case bracket mounted to it. I can't imagine they wouldn't make it so that it facilitates other brand top case assemblies.

And by the way..Congratulations!

Thanks Cliff, I kinda guessed that it should be interchangeable, but just wanted to confirm it, the guy in the shop couldn't guarantee it, but I did get him to agree on selling me the top box for €150 instead of €250 if the plate didn't fit, but obviously it's cheaper to keep my old box.

I'll definately post a pic when I get it, still got to wait a couple of weeks, unfortunately it's in the "slow" blue though :)