Canadian Tire Motorsport Superbike weekend

PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site
For those looking for a good weekend of racing August 9/10/11....demo days (including Ducati) coupled with BMW Motorad Days link is here...
Superbike Doubleheader

Booked some cheap accomodations 25mins away here at $100 for 2 nights!
Residence & Conference Centre - Oshawa (Oshawa, Canada) | Expedia

I've convinced my wife and two young daughters that this would be a great family weekend.......something I may regret if they don't have fun.

PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site
will do. Was looking at Tremblant but it's my daughter's b'day celebration....tickets to Selena Gomez.....not sure which event is going to be louder......preteen/teenage girls can scream pretty loud.
Have fun.

PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site
For those who are in the area and interested in doing all three days....the discounted tickets are still available till noon today. Discount on three day pass only.

PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site
What a phenomenal weekend. Family didn't end up coming but a co-worker did. Took secondary roads down to Mosport from North Bay (bout 350k's) and camped for the two nights. First time there and what an incredible environment.....friendliest group of folks I've ever met. Didn't matter what you were riding everyone was there for one reason.......well two actually.
BMW had quite a few things going on all the time.....trials demos....stunt demos...lots of vendors and demos by Honda, Suzuki and BMW.
Demo's booked up fast. Guys in line by 5:30am!!!! Managed to book the S1000RR and my buddy was on the RT1200. RR had a rev limiter at 8k....still in the break in period I was told. Still crazy fast under 8k.....although things were just getting fun when that frickin limiter kicked in. BMW demo guys were pretty good about not noticing the speed limit signs during our rides. Also got in on the off road demo. Never been off road before and it was a blast.....hooked! Bike was an F700GS again the BMW guys let us ride pretty much as fast as safely possible. Also took part in the BMW "Fine Tune Your Rider Skills" program. Two instructors spent about 1 hour with three of us on our own bikes watching go through cones/emergency stops etc. Some pretty valuable feeback from some of the skills I've seen to have forgotten!
Racing....oh ya forgot......first time watching bike races live. If you haven't gone to one you need to get your arse in gear and go. All classes raced on Sat and then again on Sun. Classes were " Hindle Exhaust Pro Sport Bike, Harley-Davidson XR1200 Cup, Magneti Marelli Amateur Superbike, Bazzaz/Inside Motorcycles Amateur Sport Bike and the Honda CBR250R Series. Some very tight racing. Met up with one of the younger guys riding in his first Honda CBR250 race. Ended up video taping his race for him after he said he was having troubles on the section where we were watching from. Going to send it him so he can actually hear/see what he and the other guys were doing.
Parade lap was on Sunday at lunch.....owners of BMW's only. Guys on fully loaded GS's doing wheelies down the straights......awesome!
Will definately be going back again next year. Any forum members from Ontario also need to check it out.

Last edited:

PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site
more pics. Only had my cell camera and not even worth trying to capture these guys flying by with any kind of definition or clarity.

seacliff

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for sharing this! :thumbup:

I`ll be looking forward for any other event happening at mt-Tremblant.

seacliff

Reaction score
Visit site
You guys get the Superbike series in two weeks....although no camping according to their website.

There`s no camping on the site, but there`s some around. Either way, its 1½ hour drive from home. I don`t really need a camping site :BLAA:

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice! Been few years since I was at Mostports. Love this place. Turn 2 kind of lost its challenge since they re pave the track but still a "MAN" track!

PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site
Sad news indeed coming from the Sunday afternoon superbike races. Christian Auger crashed early on at the fastest part of the course and was later air lifted to a regional hospital. Apparently in a coma for most of this past week. Facebook page created on his behalf now has friends/racers wishing his family their condolences on his passing.....sad indeed.