Need Help Clicking noise and unable to shift into first gear.

Masamune

Reaction score
Visit site
You're gonna need an assortment of extensions. I have muliple 2", 3" 4" 6" 8" and u-joints in 1/4, 3/8 & 1/2 drive. I can't tell you which 3/8 combination exactly work...but you see that an assortment gives you options.
Gotcha! I'll swing by a few hardware stores and see what I can get around here!

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Gotcha! I'll swing by a few hardware stores and see what I can get around here!

When I started building my tool kit in the 1980's I decided that I'd choose a brand for sockets and wrenches and stick with that as I built my tool kit. At the time Craftsmen Tools were a good mid-line choice. I started with one of their ~200 piece kits and my mom bought me a 3-level roller chest to help me out. Every time Sears had a sale I'd go and add to my kit. By the mid 90's I had every tool I could ever need; deep sockets, claws, ratcheting wrenches, impacts, torque wrenches...I haven't wanted for a tool in over 25 years. I bought good tools and they have served me well. I had a 1/4 drive that needed to be replaced and I destroyed a deep socket using it to drive a bearing - Sears replaced both under their lifetime warranty.

My point is...don't buy hardware store or autoparts store tools. They're crap. Good tools help you get the job done, cheap tools just piss you off.

Masamune

Reaction score
Visit site
My point is...don't buy hardware store or autoparts store tools. They're crap. Good tools help you get the job done, cheap tools just piss you off.
That's good philosophy. I try to stick to the kobalt line at Lowes, it's a good brand that has never let me down and I've been satisfied with every product. I'll probably have to order their fancy spark plug socket and extensions but I'm sure it'd be well worth it over the years.

DeepBarney

Reaction score
Visit site
Honestly, I find it hard to fault the harbor freight pittsburgh brand sockets. I use them on an impact regularly and they hold up. You can get a decent array of extensions and swivel joints etc while you're there too.