Clocks

Bumble2479

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All
I have a 2008 Fz6, my clocks have started to randomly cut out, everything else works as it should just the digital speedo and revcounter die, hopefully going to start stripping her down on Saturday, was hoping you knowledgable lot would know a good starting point?

TIA
Paul

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
First, check the connections at the back of the instrument cluster for corrosion. Clean them with contact cleaner and make sure they are well seated. I'd do the same at the ECU since that is where the signals emanate.

You may have a fried component on the PCB of the instrument cluster. If you are lucky it is limited to a resistor/capacitor and it hasn't damaged the traces. If that's the case a repair is a simple component replacement (if you can solder its simple).

Bumble2479

Reaction score
Visit site
First, check the connections at the back of the instrument cluster for corrosion. Clean them with contact cleaner and make sure they are well seated. I'd do the same at the ECU since that is where the signals emanate.

You may have a fried component on the PCB of the instrument cluster. If you are lucky it is limited to a resistor/capacitor and it hasn't damaged the traces. If that's the case a repair is a simple component replacement (if you can solder its simple).
Appreciate that Gary thank you, that’s where I’ll start and see what crops up.