Coil for my yamaha fz6-n S2 with ABs

Marie

Reaction score
Visit site
I’m in need of some help and advice. I need a coil to spark plug 1 and 4. Some said I needed an original coil. I’m new to this so if some could give some tips or advice to where I’ll find what I need. It would be mutch apriciated. I have a yamaha fz6-N S2 ABS. Thanks

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome Marie. I would purchase the Yamaha items. They are a known quality and will work and last for a long time. The same can not always be said for aftermarket electronics, which are usually made in China. In the US we have many options for on-line purchases. Unfortunately I can't recommend an on-line retailer in the EU.

Marie

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome Marie. I would purchase the Yamaha items. They are a known quality and will work and last for a long time. The same can not always be said for aftermarket electronics, which are usually made in China. In the US we have many options for on-line purchases. Unfortunately I can't recommend an on-line retailer in the EU.
Thank you. I have a shop here in my town, but hoped to find something on-line. So far no luck. Thanks for your answer.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to our great forum Marie!

As additional information, I cross referenced the coil for 1 and 4 cylinder and found it is the same part number for S1 2004-2006 and S2 2007-2009 model FZ6. The parts fiche I looked it up on was at www.ronayers.com
The part number for all FZ6 1 and 4 cylinder is 5vx 82310-00-00

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I am a form believer that making decisions is easy, it's laying out the options that is the hard part. So here is an option....

Take a look at post #193 by BuzzBomb:

He replaced the 2 FZ6 coils with 4 FZ07 coil-over-plug parts. And read further and you will see that I followed his lead and did it as well. I found the FZ07 parts cheap and available. Spent about $50 for the 4 coils, about $15 for the Furukawa FW 090 connectors, and a few dollars for wire. If you are comfortable crimping wires and connectors, this solution is not as complicated as it looks.

Replacing both coils on the FZ would cost me about $150 if I buy the parts at a discounted price. I replaced mine for less than half.

Just food for thought.....

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
For no other reason than to see if it would work, I went with a COP on my DRZ. Right out of the box it worked perfect...in fact I didn't even really think about it until I read the thread you liked above. If I was having ignition issues, I wouldn't hesitate to convert to a COP ignition.