Completely remove a contact from "Messenger"... how hard can it be?

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi!

I don't have Facebook but I still sometimes use Facebook's messenger app (it's possible without being on Facebook).

Have accidently added a person and seems like that person accepted. I just wanted to remove the person completely again so I just blocked them via the menu - no problem...

When I want to start a new post and I get the list of whom I want to involve in it, then that blocked person is still on that list?

And yes I have googled this and after reading 20 different socalled guides I haven't found a solution?

Help :Flash:

bigborer

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Open that person's profile.There you will see a circle with their profile pic on the left, next their name, next a rectangle with a tick mark and the word "friends". Click on in, then on "unfriend" or something like that

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi!

I am only using messenger as an app on IOS.

When opening that persons profile here I can only select "block" (apart from the usual "start conversation and so on...)

bigborer

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Haven't used facebook on mobile apps. But you could log in on facebook.com from any computer, and then unfriend them...

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
I guess I have to make a facebook account first then... and hope it actually can share the contacts with the app so I can unfriend => And delete facebook account again!

Darn... :)