Conti RoadAttack

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
I just got my new RoadAttacks this afternoon. I put about 55 miles on them riding home to give them a little break in. First impressions are that they definitely turn in faster than the Bridgestones. They also seem to have a bit less rolling resistance even though the pressures are slightly lower. I'm really happy at the moment, but will add more info as I use them a bit more.

I'll post pics later tonight.

Oh, I got 90 degree valves as well since I got tired of fighting with trying to check the pressures and put air in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just got my new RoadAttacks this afternoon. I put about 55 miles on them riding home to give them a little break in. First impressions are that they definitely turn in faster than the Bridgestones. They also seem to have a bit less rolling resistance even though the pressures are slightly lower. I'm really happy at the moment, but will add more info as I use them a bit more.

I'll post pics later tonight.

Oh, I got 90 degree valves as well since I got tired of fighting with trying to check the pressures and put air in.
Nice one mate,

I like the idea of 90 degree valves.

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
Here's a closeup of the tread.

2624730259_5b475fee1d.jpg

And the 90-degree valve.

2625552574_2996158620.jpg

I've got one more but I have to fix the plate before I can post it.

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
You most certainly wont be let down with these tyres...i've had them for some miles now and not once have I felt uneasy with them...even on gravel!!!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
what have people been getting for mileage out of these tires? I need a good tire that is going to last a while...

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
Em...its quite possible that i've now gotten about 6,000 km out of my tyre now...and there should be some distance left in them. I do see them starting to square up but until it becomes an issue i'll keep riding with them on.

They're certainly softer then stock but they really are not that bad...and at the price they go for...its not something to worry about! :)

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
what have people been getting for mileage out of these tires? I need a good tire that is going to last a while...

Got just over 4k on my rear.......... great tire, but definitely not a touring tires :) Love the feedback they provide.

Get a dual compound tire if you want longevity...

NakedJ

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think he does well on them. he left me standing (on my stocks) as he flew up the M23 doing the thick end of 90 in the lashing rain :thumbup:

On my shopping list in the next 2k miles

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
These maybe my next between BT-016, and Dunlop Roadsmart.

How about adding simple 90 valve extenders? Some say only use them for checking and inflating but don't leave them on. Does any one know the reason?

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
David i didnt get a chance too ask you at the weekend how are you finding the road attacks?

Gaz

I quite like them actually. Better than the stock tires for sure. Now that I'm getting more comfortable and pushing it a bit harder in the turns, I'm finding the limits a bit more, but I'm not sure if that's normal or not.

I have about 3K on them now and there's no noticeable wear. No flat spot on the rear yet and the front still looks good as well.

Scab

Nobody special
Reaction score
Visit site
These maybe my next between BT-016, and Dunlop Roadsmart.

How about adding simple 90 valve extenders? Some say only use them for checking and inflating but don't leave them on. Does any one know the reason?
The ****-house rumor is that the extra weight will crush the rubber stem from centrifugal force at speed and can lead to stem failure. I can see this happening, but I actually know of no one that this has happened to. Take it for what it's worth.
However, this could easily be cured with Brake & Wheel Components, 90° Valve Stems - Bike Effects .com. It is machined from one solid piece of aluminum. Comes in colors, too. I have had these on my FZ since the first tire change. They are great.

Oh, and get the BT-016's.