Cracked Frame + Two engine bolts out

Dannyboy676

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello, last week I was in a rear end collision where I hit a smart car head on.
Frame on left side cracked, engine mount with slider still intact but the bolt by the radiator on left side came off (threads still intact).
On right side: Bolt is nonexistent-threads intact on motor but the motor is out of alignment with frame to put the bolt back in (pics will explain)

Just bought the respective bolts and washer from Yamaha.

What would be the best way to rebolt the engine properly and then subsequently weld and reinforce the cracked spot on the frame.
Thanks!2017-02-03 15.46.37.jpg2017-02-03 15.46.48.jpg2017-02-03 15.46.43.jpg2017-02-03 15.43.28.jpg

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
JM2C but that is toast! Very sorry.
That frame is so sprung that if you pulled it into place, the stress on the frame would crack the frame at other locations.

Basically we have no means to relieve the stress from being deformed and when/if you force it back into alignment it will crack at some point in time.

It is the price we pay for a light strong cast aluminum frames. It can't handle heavy shock loads!
That is a total loss frame wise. Sell as parts only!

Glad you are OK!

Dannyboy676

Reaction score
Visit site
No injuries, I only had liability (Nyc insurance over a year would've made it financially futile)
Guy stopped prematurely on a green--> yellow but there's no way I'm winning the case most probably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dannyboy676

Reaction score
Visit site
I think the best thing to do is remove the slider and bolt and pray and see if it realigns well. (If it does, I would assume it's not stressed)
If not, I'll just have to sell it for parts only
I doubt I'll get another bike if it's not fixable. Doesn't make much sense in Manhattan any longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk