Crisp sunny morning

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
Riding in to work has been goooooood this week. I'm liking the weather. Pity the M4 has roadworks and the traffic spills out onto all the roads around here but all the same it's been fun so far this week. Let's hope it stays the same for a while.

Can't say the same about the ride home - dark:D

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Riding in to work has been goooooood this week. I'm liking the weather. Pity the M4 has roadworks and the traffic spills out onto all the roads around here but all the same it's been fun so far this week. Let's hope it stays the same for a while.

Can't say the same about the ride home - dark:D
I love the number plate recognition cameras that measure your average speed. Pity we don't have front number plates LOL. What time do you hit the A4 Bath rd?

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
About 8.05am at the moment. I pass a GSX-R rider every single day going the other way. I also overtake a woman on a BMW twin sportsbike almost everyday. Think it pisses her off. Of now to play backgammon with the missus

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I will be at the Castle Hill lights tommorrow at 08.00. I'll pull over and wait for 10 minutes. I wear yellow bib in the winter.
neil

F250moto

Reaction score
Visit site
What's the weather been like over there? I am lucky enough to work from 8 pm to 6 am and its been about 35 degrees fairenheight (sp?) in the mornings. Hope its been better for you. Another 3 degrees for me and its back to the truck....

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What's the weather been like over there? I am lucky enough to work from 8 pm to 6 am and its been about 35 degrees fairenheight (sp?) in the mornings. Hope its been better for you. Another 3 degrees for me and its back to the truck....
Its been about 9 degrees C. at the moment, still good to ride in though. So although we may moan about it its still good. Last winter -4 was the lowest I had in town.

F250moto

Reaction score
Visit site
I think at -4 C, I would definately be in the truck. On my commute theres a hill that likes to become one solid sheet of ice at freezing. I've gone up it enough times sideways in my truck to know I don't want to tempt in on my bike...... At what point do you stop riding?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I dont stop riding, Not because im a hard man lol. The local authorities are very good a salting the roads so ice is rarely a problem where I live. I hate the way it rots the guts out of the alloy though. After a few miles I find that I have gone numb and can't feel the cold anyway lol.

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
I will be at the Castle Hill lights tommorrow at 08.00. I'll pull over and wait for 10 minutes. I wear yellow bib in the winter.
neil

Bugrit. Didn't get their 'til 8.30am. All the kids back at school now which slows things down in the morning.

As for riding in the cold. Does you good and makes you appreciate that first cup of tea at work. Don't know what it is but there's a part of the engine cover sticks out by your right knee and is always warm/hot so when it's really cold I warm my hand up on it when sat at a set of lights!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bugrit. Didn't get their 'til 8.30am. All the kids back at school now which slows things down in the morning.

As for riding in the cold. Does you good and makes you appreciate that first cup of tea at work. Don't know what it is but there's a part of the engine cover sticks out by your right knee and is always warm/hot so when it's really cold I warm my hand up on it when sat at a set of lights!
I'll hang around in the morning (Friday) maybe we could go for a cheeky beer one day after work, on the way home.

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
OK, I can probably get off early (4ish) tomorrow seeing as i'm being paid to do nothing at the moment (waiting for management to decide what they next want to do with the project we're on). What's your route into town?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't finish tommorrow until 17.00. I am normally away at 16.00 every other day of the week. My route into town is as follows:
08.00am Enter onto Tilehurst rd roundabout (prospect park)
08.00. 31 seconds Avoid being wiped out but nutter granny in the white uno. Who can't see yellow bib.
08.02 Exit out of liebenrood road, onto bath rd.
08.05 Enter filtering bus lane on Bath Rd, wave to V-twin cruiser rider.
08.09 Castle hill Roundabout.
Down the IDR and folow A4 until Huntley & Palmers. Turn right into Eldon rd to get to RBH.

Same route home. Normally back by Libernood Rd by 16.20