Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
View attachment 69504

Also here is the info refercing the no.4 circuit at ECM...
Copied from the sticker re codes by admin ...
Is this something to research ?
Thanks All...
Happy Tday...!!!
Usually if that cut off relay assembly fails, you won't get the starter or the fuel pump.

Sent from Moto's Motorola

Fz6 2007

Reaction score
Visit site
Usually if that cut off relay assembly fails, you won't get the starter or the fuel pump.

Sent from Moto's Motorola
I guess I will set up that continuity test between 3&4 on the starting circuit cut-off relay again, maybe I missed the test procedure yesterday ... I guess the next test protocol would be investigate the no.4 circuit at ECM &the ECM...does anyone have a test to confirm that no.4 circuit?
Thanks Again All

Sent from my Alcatel_4060O using Tapatalk

Fz6 2007

Reaction score
Visit site
I guess I will set up that continuity test between 3&4 on the starting circuit cut-off relay again, maybe I missed the test procedure yesterday ... I guess the next test protocol would be investigate the no.4 circuit at ECM &the ECM...does anyone have a test to confirm that no.4 circuit?
Thanks Again All

Cliff, can u verify my understanding is correct 1+ , 2- ....and continuity between 3&4 should open and close when power is applied to 1 and removed from 1...
Thanks again ???!!!!???!!!!
c159b66050efe03b15b4267c67e8339f.jpg

Fz6 2007

Reaction score
Visit site
_20181123_085106.JPG
The five wires originally cut , insulation melted with lighter ...red orange, brown ( larger gauge wires) and two smaller gauge wires blue/yellow and blue/brown...
Help... any thoughts or ideas???

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I suspect you'll be opening up the harness quite a bit in both directions..

I'd probably use marine, "butt", crimp connectors. Basically slipping each stripped wire end into the connector, crimp, heat (and it then seals itself).

Your really NOT loosing any wire lenthe, just reconnecting everything

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
View attachment 69505
The five wires originally cut , insulation melted with lighter ...red orange, brown ( larger gauge wires) and two smaller gauge wires blue/yellow and blue/brown...
Help... any thoughts or ideas???
I would check to see if possibly the plug assemblies for the ignition switch have good integrity. There is the possibility a pin became compromised during the theft. The 2 smaller gauge wire get tied together through the ignition switch. There is the possibility that the thief bussed 12 positive current to one of those smaller gauge wires and hurt the ECU. The blue with a yellow tracer turns into a black with red tracer through the plug. This wire goes directly to the ECU. The other wire you said is blue with a brown tracer is actually supposed to be blue with a black tracer. That blue/black goes to the starter circuit cut-off relay, through diodes and through the neutral safety and side stand switch. I don't think the start circuit cut out relay is toast because you're getting starter and fuel pump prime. What the ignition switch does is ties the 2 blue lighter gauge wires together. They are not supplied with 12 volt positive from the ignition so don't ever expose them to positive 12 vdc. You might try to disconnect these 2 light gauge wires and attach them together (on the bike side, not the ignition switch side) and see if the bike will start. If the bike does not start, then find the plug where the 2 light gauge blue w/tracer wires. The blue with yellow tracer wire turns into black with a red tracer. This is probably where your 19 error is coming from. You might also check to see that the 2 light gauge blue w/tracer wires going to the ignition switch get continuity. You should see close to 0 ohms through these 2 wires when the key is turned to the on position.

Undo these 2 wires and do these tests first.

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd sure like to know where that heavy orange wire goes, I don't see it in S1 or S2 schematics.

Fz6 2007

Reaction score
Visit site
I would check to see if possibly the plug assemblies for the ignition switch have good integrity. There is the possibility a pin became compromised during the theft. The 2 smaller gauge wire get tied together through the ignition switch. There is the possibility that the thief bussed 12 positive current to one of those smaller gauge wires and hurt the ECU. The blue with a yellow tracer turns into a black with red tracer through the plug. This wire goes directly to the ECU. The other wire you said is blue with a brown tracer is actually supposed to be blue with a black tracer. That blue/black goes to the starter circuit cut-off relay, through diodes and through the neutral safety and side stand switch. I don't think the start circuit cut out relay is toast because you're getting starter and fuel pump prime. What the ignition switch does is ties the 2 blue lighter gauge wires together. They are not supplied with 12 volt positive from the ignition so don't ever expose them to positive 12 vdc. You might try to disconnect these 2 light gauge wires and attach them together (on the bike side, not the ignition switch side) and see if the bike will start. If the bike does not start, then find the plug where the 2 light gauge blue w/tracer wires. The blue with yellow tracer wire turns into black with a red tracer. This is probably where your 19 error is coming from. You might also check to see that the 2 light gauge blue w/tracer wires going to the ignition switch get continuity. You should see close to 0 ohms through these 2 wires when the key is turned to the on position.

Undo these 2 wires and do these tests first.
Thanks Cliff, I will do these tests this afternoon, gonna watch F1 qually , then go fishing... I really appreciate your time and effort in solving this...and yes it's blue and black ( not blue n brown )... cheers Cliff

Fz6 2007

Reaction score
Visit site
I have connected the blue/yellow and blue/black harness bike side, turned key on and bike started immediately ... !!!
What does that tell ? Do I leave this bypass connected?
What are your thoughts?
Thanks Again , Cliff !!

Fz6 2007

Reaction score
Visit site
After restart , I entered Daig and saw d60 at 1, d61 at 19 and d62 at 1 ...cycled kill switch ,saw it clear and remains code free after multiple starts...
I assumed the circuitry at or inside the main switch is faulty... your thoughts???

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
After restart , I entered Daig and saw d60 at 1, d61 at 19 and d62 at 1 ...cycled kill switch ,saw it clear and remains code free after multiple starts...
I assumed the circuitry at or inside the main switch is faulty... your thoughts???

Good work! Sounds like the ignition switch contacts are open or the wiring is open. Now that you have the wires disconnected from the ignition switch you can ohm out the two wires going to the ignition switch to confirm you have an open circuit when the key is in the on position,
I would not just leave the blue wires connected. You'll probably want to repair this so that the bike switches properly via the key.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe the thief tried to wrangle the wiring near the ignition switch and broke a wire off the bottom of the switch?

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This thread is now a stickie so that hopefully other members can find a possible solution with an error 19. Especially after a theft....

Fz6 2007

Reaction score
Visit site
Good work! Sounds like the ignition switch contacts are open or the wiring is open. Now that you have the wires disconnected from the ignition switch you can ohm out the two wires going to the ignition switch to confirm you have an open circuit when the key is in the on position,
I would not just leave the blue wires connected. You'll probably want to repair this so that the bike switches properly via the key.
I see no continuity between blue/yellow & blue/black (switch side)w/key on or off...
I will trace the main switch and it's open ... Thanks again

vb7prog

Reaction score
Visit site
there are 2 wires blue that go to the ignition to the ECU, they seemlying are used for european anti theft systems, but for US bikes they go to the ignition and just require the key to be in to complete the circuit. if there is a short anywhere in the loop of these two wires to/from the ecu to the ignition, it will throw a code 19.

Pull the airbox maybe even battery, etc, and trace those wires to the left hand side of bike under the gas can, strip and complete the circuit just after the harness connection. This will cause no issue to US bikes, might be different if you have euro version.

I've had this modification for about 3 years now with no ill effects because of a defective connection within the ignition, but your issue is most likely in the wiring near the ignition

To clarify, bridging these two blue wires, does not result in any power drain or any non normal operation for non eurospec bikes

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
there are 2 wires blue that go to the ignition to the ECU, they seemlying are used for european anti theft systems, but for US bikes they go to the ignition and just require the key to be in to complete the circuit. if there is a short anywhere in the loop of these two wires to/from the ecu to the ignition, it will throw a code 19.

An open will give the error code 19. A short from that circuit to ground may be a different story as there is potential when the key is in the on position. A short between the two blue wires will complete the circuit as if the key was in the on position. :)

theJakester42

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey man, did you ever fix your problem? I have a similar issue, but no thief mangled my wires. Just one day, I can't get the damn thing to turn over. I've cleaned the contacts on all the relays and the CDI. I've looked at the harness and see no damage. I've ripped out the side stand switch and replaced it with a short. I really need this bike to work, as it is my commuter. But I'm still throwing Error 19 on occasion. At first it was once in a great while. But now I can't leave the garage. It will throw even when the engine is running, and stall. No starter button pressed.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey man, did you ever fix your problem? I have a similar issue, but no thief mangled my wires. Just one day, I can't get the damn thing to turn over. I've cleaned the contacts on all the relays and the CDI. I've looked at the harness and see no damage. I've ripped out the side stand switch and replaced it with a short. I really need this bike to work, as it is my commuter. But I'm still throwing Error 19 on occasion. At first it was once in a great while. But now I can't leave the garage. It will throw even when the engine is running, and stall. No starter button pressed.

What year is your FZ6? It might just be your wording but the FZ6 does not have a CDI. A common failure among the many that could could cause a code is a dirty or failing kill switch. You might jump the kill switch to see if the bike will start. If that works clean or replace the kill switch. If it doesn't work we'll keep trying to find the problem.