2007Fizzer

Senior rider
Reaction score
Visit site
This is a totally unpaid product ENDORSEMENT.

When I started riding a street bike (my 2007 FZ6) about 3 years ago, I didn't have much money to spend on safety gear. I needed a helmet, armored jacket and armored pants, all at the same time. And I'm a 69 year old rider - slow and careful. My son lived near a Cycle Gear store, and long story short, I bought a Cycle Gear waterproof riding jacket and a modular Cycle Gear helmet with the drop down, internal "sunglasses". Haven't ever regretted those purchases, but haven't gone down yet either. After 3 years both the jacket and helmet had minor problems. The plastic "keeper" on the helmet chin strap broke off, so the tail end of the helmet chin strap was flapping around as I rode. Stopped at Cycle Gear and asked if I could buy a replacement "keeper". Nice young lady said "no parts available", but bring in the helmet and they'll replace it so long as it's less than 5 years old! Jacket had some minor issues also, like 2 or 3 zipper tabs broken off.

Took both the helmet and the jacket back to the Harrisburg, PA Cycle Gear store. Dangnabit, about 20 minutes later they fixed me up with a completely new but identical riding jacket and helmet!!!! It took them 20 seconds to give me the brand new, replacement items and 19 minutes for them to write up the necessary paperwork. Then they asked if I wanted my REFUND in cash or store credit!!! Turns out the prices of the items I'd originally bought had gone done in the 3 years I'd owned them, so I was also due a $166.00 REFUND!!!!

This hasn't ever happened to me anytime/anywhere/on any planet before. I accepted the store credit, in a gift card, and a day later returned and picked up an essentially free Sena SMH10 bluetooth communicator ($8 net cash from me, which was mostly PA state sales tax).

Hard not to like my local Cycle Gear. They always have something "on sale" (which gets the selling price back to normal). And their product warranty is ABSOLUTELY EXTRAORDINARY!!!!! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

7UPyours

Reaction score
Visit site
That's awesome news for you, and am happy to hear that you didn't have to "test out" your gear the hard way. But reviews online for their products aren't great and most say "stay away" from jackets, pants, helmets and gloves as they fall apart without meeting the pavement now imagine if one was to go down :(

FZ6_WVU

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Visit site
I am going to have to get up to Harrisburg and check them out. Good review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pulsar2

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's awesome news for you, and am happy to hear that you didn't have to "test out" your gear the hard way. But reviews online for their products aren't great and most say "stay away" from jackets, pants, helmets and gloves as they fall apart without meeting the pavement now imagine if one was to go down :(

I think Cycle Gear is a great place for motorcycle stuff if you have one nearby. Although their in house products might not be as sturdy as a well known brand (Alpinestars, Dianese etc), the price and the warranty is well worth it. If you visit their store, you might also get great deals on in store clearance items. I got their Bilt race boots on clearance for 25$ and it is still holding good(about 2yrs) of intermittent use(day long rides about 2-3 per month). For cash strapped riders, it is great value and even if it starts to fall apart within warranty, it is an easy replacement if you have the shops nearby.

RoadGator

Reaction score
Visit site
I love CG! I bought quite a lot of stuff from them and the only issue I had was the LED tail lights. Took them back and they gave me another set plus $5 back that I promptly used on some other stuff. It is about a 30-40 min ride there for me but well worth it.

As a matter of fact I am going there today to look at another helmet, mirror visor, and jacket. The prices can't be beat around my area for what you get.

Good review.