Cylinder Head

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The best way to find out is to go to an OEM part site (I use Partzilla) and look up the cylinder head part numbers for the 2 years in question and see if they match. I took a peek and they do.

Redonthehead

Reaction score
Visit site
I gather you got the head off and found damage after the cam chain tensioner jumped?

How bad was it?

Not to bad to the naked eye but when I got the lifter caps off two of the pads were needing some help coming out and mashed valve stem heads all on the intake side. I use a screwdriver to push down on the valve spring top to check that the valve(s) moved(s). you can see where contact with the intake valves and pistons but it must have been just barely as both are looking ok to the eye so to say. which brings to question the timing procedure as I now have a cpl questions about that. Ill do that in another thread.

Last edited:

Redonthehead

Reaction score
Visit site
The best way to find out is to go to an OEM part site (I use Partzilla) and look up the cylinder head part numbers for the 2 years in question and see if they match. I took a peek and they do.

Ill take a gander at a cpl parts houses in the morning but two thumbs up for answering and looking its appreciated