Damn i am in love with the bike

airoh69

Reaction score
Visit site
Never thought i would be like this but. Every time i see a forum member posting a new thread about HAVING to sell his/her bike, my stomach gets crazy. Just the thought of getting forced (for any reason) to sell my FZ6 and stay with no bike makes me wanna cry. Just cant imagine my self anymore not to own a bike.
I hope some people here feel the same ...

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
I feel the same way about my bike. Every time the thought of selling it or changing bikes goes through my head, I too cringe.

gottherim4

Reaction score
Visit site
I have 3 girls in my life:

1. wife
2. dog/daughter ( iahve 3 dogs, only one female)
3. FZ6

I am very happy with them all :)

why_not_Zoidberg?

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm back and forth between selling and keeping my FZ...because I have three bikes right now. A guy came to look at the fz yesterday, and I've had a few people asking about it. The nice part about not Having to sell it, is I don't have to negotiate with people. If they don't want to give me what I'm asking for it, they don't get it. Makes it pretty easy on my part.

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Had I have the money and space for multiple bikes I would trade the FZ^ for a sexy Italian lady.

But so far FZ6 does everything I need, so no point in getting something else if my basic needs don't require it.

1Animal1

Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking about this only today.... As I'm a new rider and this is my first and only big bike I've ridden. I think I need to ride a sports bike to really appreciate the FZ (even more than i do).

I know why I bought it - based upon many reviews on the versatility, power and just the general whole package.... steered away from a sports bike due to my 13 yr old slipped disc.

why_not_Zoidberg?

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, don't get me wrong, I do love the bike. It's more comfortable to ride 2up on than my S3, has plenty of power for what it's suppose to be. I think of it as the ultimate commuter bike, which is what I used it for (I live 45 minutes away from work).

BamBam

Reaction score
Visit site
I have 3 girls in my life:

1. wife
2. dog/daughter ( iahve 3 dogs, only one female)
3. FZ6

I am very happy with them all :)

Glad to see your wife is #1 :D

but if you have a daughter, why is she on the same level as your dog??? (or, is your female dog considered your daughter?)

D

Dave.TX

I've been riding street for 19 months now. Got an FZ6 first and after 8.5 months sold it and got a K1200GT. Don't think I can be without a bike but now am hoping to get a dual sport by this time next year. Still love the off road ability. Miss riding in the sand dunes of SoCal (Imperial Sand Dunes) even though it's been almost 13 years since I last did that. I love riding. 18,000 miles on the street so far...

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Sold my FZ6 Tuesday and was sad to see her go, lots of great memories. But then I looked around at my new CBR600RR and the sadness went away - but there will always be a special place in my heart for my FZ6.

airoh69

Reaction score
Visit site
Tried a few bikes like cbr600 and cbr1000, R1, R6, CB1000 , crossrunner. Yeah you love the power or tourgue on those bikes but they still cant do what an FZ does. These days i am in a group that is doing some charity for kids with cancer, and our job is to collect money from different villages. Let me tell yea i am glad about the FZ, no need for constant gas and after a 5-6 hours of stop and go, i still feel pretty relaxed.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No way am I selling my FZ6. No reason to. She is the perfect motorcycle for me. I really don't need anything more powerful. She's mine all mine! :D

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Sold my FZ6 Tuesday and was sad to see her go, lots of great memories. But then I looked around at my new CBR600RR and the sadness went away - but there will always be a special place in my heart for my FZ6.

Wheres the thread with the pics?????

And i'm in the same boat... Even though my bike may not say FZ6 or even Yamaha on it... It's always exciting to think about what your next bike could be, but when you think about your current bike and all the things you've been through, you can't even think about getting rid of it...

murda84

Reaction score
Visit site
I got my fz6 last spring after looking around on craigslist at everything that was available in my area and loving the naked look. It's my first bike and even though I have nothing to compare it to, I love it. You roll on the throttle and its just pulls and pulls. It's comfortable to ride, and I haven't even tested its limits but I know it has the sport performance that I was looking for. Eventually I'd like to check out some of the supersports, but for now this is plenty. Hopefully I'll only have to get rid of it on my terms!

ACME_Rocket

Reaction score
Visit site
My FZ6 is my first bike and I may have her forever:thumbup:
These bikes are the perfect balance of performance comfort and price it is a shame Yamaha stopped making them
FZ6R is too heavy for the power of the 600 and the FZ1 gas tank range is a down side for long trips
When I have the money I may add a cruiser and SS to my garage however the FZ can’t be replaced for the balance on a long day ride:D