Downieville Ride

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Finally got to go for a ride with a friend of mine who bought the same bike as mine and her new boyfriend.

We rode from Reno. NV to Downieville, CA via I-80 to Highway 89 to Highway 49. This harsh winter did the road no favors. The canyon area still had snow on the shady side of the mountains. One area of the highway had a massive slide where 1 lane of the road slid away. It had traffic control. A stop sign on either side. Pretty heart stopping as you ride by and see down the mountain about 100 feet.

There was an H-D rally going on in Downieville. They were providing "bike parking" in the downtown area, so we parked. lol I think they were thinking Harley's not our 3 Triumphs and 1 Honda. lol As soon as we got off the bikes, two guys came up to ask us about our bikes. They loved them! We had lunch and got the heck out of town because they were going for a ride. We didn't want to get stuck behind them.

I got new tires for my Street Triple R - scrubbed them in good on Highway 49
Photo Jun 02, 7 44 09 AM.jpg

Rear tire was difficult to put back on. Had to line up the chain, spacers, and braker caliper. I got to push the axle through when hubby had them all alined. lol

Photo Jun 03, 1 40 44 PM.jpg