Drive In Movie (Upstate NY about 1.5 hours or less from NYC)

happyker

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sooo I'm kind of in love with going to a drive in movie on my bike. First time I did it, it was just by chance. I happened to be going past the "66 Drive In" in Carthage, MO and they had a movie playing so I went in, kicked my feet up over the handlebars (pretty comfortable in my opinion on the FZ6) and used the built-in FM tuner on my phone and really enjoyed the heck out of myself.

Since then I've casually mentioned doing this but have yet found any other riders to come with me (I did have a tagalong come on the back and sit in a chair at one in S. Jersey though) so now I would like to try and see if any of you guys are interested. Theres at least 3 upstate (NY) within an hour and a half from the city and I think it would be a great time!

For me it has to be a Tues, Wed, Thurs or Friday night. If doing a day ride before hand than Tuesday is out too though as with most Tuesdays I sleep the day away after getting out of work around 6AM that morning. I cant do it this week as I'll be riding out to the Poconos to see the parents and have other various plans but would love to do it between May 20th and 23rd. Anyone else in? Pretty please?

Edit: Link I found the other day showing driveins near NYC: Drive-in Theaters Near New York City -- New York Magazine

Last edited:

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
lol that is pretty cool, I never thought of going to one on the bike. we used to have one here about .5 miles from my house but it closed down which really sucks. the nearest one is about 1 hour away now.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That does sound pretty cool! Doubt I'll be taking weekdays off any time soon, otherwise I'd join you. :(